+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberation Theology and Marxism

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Liberation Theology and Marxism

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Roger that. I'll bow out of the conversation and leave this one to Sooner and 967. I was just confused over the idea that one couldn't be both and did a little reading. But, my posts are my personal opinion... 967 has his own opinion, too. No worries.
    Don't leave it to me. I understand what he is saying and also accept his premise that one can't be a pure communist and at the same dime a devout Muslim. However, I don't know that Obama is either. I do know he hates free enterprise and the Christian faith, especially those who believe Christ is our personal savior. I do know that he was reared a Muslim and has an affinity to the Muslim beliefs. Beyond that it becomes a debate about philosophy.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Maybe we are seeing a new ideology being spawned -- Obamaism. Hey, Marx, Lenin, and Trotsky did it...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Maybe we are seeing a new ideology being spawned -- Obamaism. Hey, Marx, Lenin, and Trotsky did it...

Plenty of sheeple available to follow him too.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Good point.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Marxism is not based on any inherently atheist fundamentals.
    Disagree -- "religion is the opiate of the people."

Truthfully, I dont feel strongly enough about this to fight over it.

The question just speaks to me personally because a while back I was having some cognitive dissonance between my own faith (Only God has the answers to man's problems) and my own leftist leanings (Man can solve his own problems just fine, thank you.)

My intent is neither to defend Obama nor Islam. But I came to the conclusion that you cant really put your faith in God (at least not the God of the Bible) and in man at the same time. (I think maybe Jesus had something to say about this.)

It was always my understanding that Allah's adherents also saw the same inconsistency. But maybe that's incorrect. Or maybe, like Guiss stated, it's just not that important to others to be internally consistent.

But my only point is that liberalism, in its purest sense, seeks only natural answers to society's ills. Religious belief, by definition, seeks answers from the supernatural. Therefore, Obama cannot be a genuine Muslim and a genuine Communist at the same time.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I don't think Obama is a genuine anything

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    idiot?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    The question just speaks to me personally because a while back I was having some cognitive dissonance between my own faith (Only God has the answers to man's problems) and my own leftist leanings (Man can solve his own problems just fine, thank you.)
    I am surprised you weren't having cognitive dissonance just over your leftist leanings and the latter parenthetical.

I think you mean:

"and my own leftist leanings (Government can solve man's problems just fine, thank you.)"
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Community organizer/Chicago politician

Anyone who has written two memoirs by the time they turn 50 is at least a genuine egomaniac.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I think you mean:

"and my own leftist leanings (Government can solve man's problems just fine, thank you.)"
    You are correct. I was using the terms synonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    You are correct. I was using the terms synonymously.
    Like Muslim and Marxism

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Like Muslim and Marxism
    you are a hoot.

+ Reply to Thread