+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First-Year Experience Academic Convocation

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

First-Year Experience Academic Convocation

Everyone in the north Louisiana area Tech family is invited to participate in the First-Year Experience Academic Convocation for incoming freshman scheduled for Wednesday, 9/8 @ 7:00 - 8:00 PM in Howard Auditorium. Only requirement is to wear a Tech blue shirt and be able to stand by the sidewalk between Howard and the Lady for about 30 minutes starting at 7:45 PM

Read the announcement at the link below and then register while there - these are our future alumni and supporters that we are talking about here and we need a few minutes of your time to welcome them to the Tech family (if you don't live close enough to go yourself, please email this to the ones you know that are in the Ruston area).... Thanks in advance - Justin Hinckley!!

http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...=61&calcid=765

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: First-Year Experience Academic Convocation

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Everyone in the north Louisiana area Tech family is invited to participate in the First-Year Experience Academic Convocation for incoming freshman scheduled for Wednesday, 9/8 @ 7:00 - 8:00 PM in Howard Auditorium. Only requirement is to wear a Tech blue shirt and be able to stand by the sidewalk between Howard and the Lady for about 30 minutes starting at 7:45 PM

Read the announcement at the link below and then register while there - these are our future alumni and supporters that we are talking about here and we need a few minutes of your time to welcome them to the Tech family (if you don't live close enough to go yourself, please email this to the ones you know that are in the Ruston area).... Thanks in advance - Justin Hinckley!!

http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...=61&calcid=765
    It would be cool if the football team showed up to show their support, but its during practice time.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    It would be cool if the football team showed up to show their support, but its during practice time.
    Your thought is right on target.

Coach Rupp made an inquiry today so I hope the men's basketball team participates. I am thinking if each sport would send a few reps wearing their Tech jerseys ... I'll check with BV on soliciting via the AD office.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Do people really get into this? I've heard some folks say it's kind of hokey.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

I thought it was a waste of time when I went through it. There was nothing special about it really other then seeing the Tech medallion things which isn't that special IMO. It was lame and boring but could be made better.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I thought it was a waste of time when I went through it. There was nothing special about it really other then seeing the Tech medallion things which isn't that special IMO. It was lame and boring but could be made better.
    If we had 500 or more people show up, it would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I have no vested interest in this event other than supporting the "welcoming of Tech students" to the Tech family. Since I am not an incoming student, I can not be objective about the event. I can however, see value in introducing students to the Tech family and having them for the first time be introduced to the Tech Tenets, http://www.latech.edu/fye/tenets.shtml and other aspects of a university experience

I do know many of the staff that work on the First Year Experience and they would welcome constructive criticism so that the event can be meaningful and the best it can be. Contact Stacey Gilbert or visit her in Wiley Tower to let her know how you would make it better.

Anyone not familar with the purpose and scope of First Year Experience should visit the website http://www.latech.edu/fye/ .

bmp

We need your body on Wednesday, 9/8, in front of Howard at 7:45 PM for 30 minutes wearing your Tech blue - not hard, even a caveman could do it .

This is the university's announcement about this year's Convocation. Doing a good job of helping first-year students succeed is all the more important now that university funding is based on retention rates. Another reason is because it is the first step towards building a loyal alumni base so that Tech is supported longterm.

http://news.latech.edu/2010/09/01/fi...ew-beginnings/

Please consider showing your support for Tech by coming out on Wednesday, 9/8, at 7:00 (or 7:45 - your choice), wearing your Tech blue to welcome our future alumni. The future supporters of Tech. It begins here!!

+ Reply to Thread