+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patience is a Virtue

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Patience is a Virtue

There could be an announcement on BYU today. I know we are all hoping that by the end of the week a CUSA-W team has been invited to the MWC and by early next week, we'll get our call. That could happen. I think if Houston or Utep are the choice, things will move quickly. That'd be great, but it may not happen.

BYU and the MWC could do a "study" on who they should add. That could take 6-9 months. Even if the MWC moves quickly, CUSA could do a similar study and draw this thing out far longer than most of us hope for. The deadline for these decisions is June 30, 2011. We need to keep that date in mind.

The one thing that seems consistent out of our administration is that we're not going to rush into anything in the instance that this current shake-up does not work in our favor. Personally, I don't think USU is going to be the choice, but if they are, don't expect a Tech to the MAC/MVC/Sunbelt/Indy announcement anytime soon.

A lot of things can happen in the course of a year. The BE is no more stable now than it was at the beginning of the summer and they are STILL exploring options including taking one or two CUSA-E teams that will GLADLY jump on a football-only membership. There is at least one current CUSA team that is in bad financial shape (budget numbers do NOT tell the whole tale). I know of one and it is likely that there is at least one more. Should either of these schools have to make a hard decision in their future, Tech would have new life at a CUSA spot.

Don't take this post as a pessimistic one. I feel very good about our chances and I think the whole thing could be wrapped up sometime next week. I only wanted to remind folks that our deadline is not Sept. 1, it's June 30 and we will not make any rash decisions...especially if there don't appear to be any good options. Our administrators and the Tech Team 100 are resolved to wait this thing out if we have to. Our fans should be as well.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 08-26-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: Patience is a Virture

I would rather UTEP leave CUSA than Houston, because Houston would be a nice bus trip for us when we make the impending move; and better travel conditions is really the biggest plus for us going CUSA. No more $80,000 plus airline charters and games within reasonable reach for a true and significant fanbase following and presence.

Oh and one more reason for going CUSA - we owe June Jones a butt-whipping in the worste way. I for one would never miss an away game at SMU, I bet we would have a massive pack of DAWGS crowded into Gerald Ford Stadium.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I like your thinking

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, Patience is a Virture. It sucks. It isn't fun, it is a VIRTURE. The T-Shirt reads, PATIENCE IS A VIRTURE.

Not making fun of you, I think you might have stumbled onto what I really feel about Patience.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

It's Virtue not virture

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Patience is a Virtue

Even if USU gets a spot, BYU may still leave the MWC within 1 year.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Ole JL is DEAD ON!!! Lots of changes coming between now and next June. We ain't going anyplace until Sept, 2012, and that's 2 years off!!! Next year is SET. Some of our poster brethern/sistern need to start a good daily aspirin regimen and CALM DOWN!!! I'm not so sure the C-USA is the best deal coming out way!!!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Even if USU gets a spot, BYU may still leave the MWC within 1 year.

Based on their objectives, it's only a matter of time.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally a good thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread