+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A step in the WRONG direction

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: A step in the WRONG direction

I never gave him a green dot on his other thread.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

So is the boy a liar or not? He can post what he wants but BigD needs to cash in his cans and send the money in.

Puppy dawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Bring that noise to tigerpoo.com

I like Sunbelt better than the WAC because of traveling purposes and costs that are affiliated with it. We could see a bunch of away games and it would be easy on our pocket books!

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Are you bragging..?

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I did

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Moderators should delete the thread.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post

Thanks for your time and Geaux Tigers!
    You know, I really really try to "like" ULM students/alumni, but y'all can sure make it hard. Comin' up in here with all that "Geaux Tigers" $&*%

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs25 View Post
    Bring that noise to tigerpoo.com

I like Sunbelt better than the WAC because of traveling purposes and costs that are affiliated with it. We could see a bunch of away games and it would be easy on our pocket books!

Watch yourself dawgs25, first the Cajun/Tabasco thread and now pro-Sunbelt...ya suspect...

Guest techmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetechmanchamp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Sunbelt all the way. Lincoln-Ouachita battle 4-EVA!

Puppy BigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Nevermind the geaux tigers... But really, no one can give me a serious reply as to why I'm wrong? All ya'll can give me is douche bag comments? I am not a ULMer nor do I have anything to do with them, but this is what it looks like from a neutral point of view. It just seems like ya'll can dish it out to ULM but can't come up with a decent argument when someone makes a valid point.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I keep hearing tech fans claim that moving to the SunBelt would be a step in the wrong direction. And I would like to say that I agree with that, but for different reasons. The reason that the SunBelt would be a bad step is because it would truly expose tech. Tech fans are under the false impression that they are head over heels better than the Sunbelt schools, which couldn't be further from the truth; so, WHEN (not if) they don't win the Sunbelt conference they would finally have to take their head out of their own rectum and realize how wrong they are. They don't want to join the Sunbelt for the same reason that they don't want to play ULM: because they know that there is a good chance that they will lose, which would truly set them back... why would CUSA pick up a team that rarely brings money in from bowls and can't even win the Sunbelt... really...if you truly believe that you are that much better than Sunbelt teams, go dominate in that conference for several years so that someone other than the average erroneous tech fan can see how much you deserve to be in a better conference.

Thanks for your time and Geaux Tigers!
    You mean kinda like LSU thinks they are better than everyone in the SEC.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Nevermind the geaux tigers... But really, no one can give me a serious reply as to why I'm wrong? All ya'll can give me is douche bag comments? I am not a ULMer nor do I have anything to do with them, but this is what it looks like from a neutral point of view. It just seems like ya'll can dish it out to ULM but can't come up with a decent argument when someone makes a valid point.
    Please. Don't give me that. If you can't see why any school would always want to be in the best conference possible and play the best ooc schedule they can get then why bother explaining it?

Make a valid point first, then you might get a valid counter.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Alright I'll spell it out for you BigD.

Tech is 111-66 all time against SBC; we're shaking in our boots about playing these teams. The last lost to an SBC team was in 10 years ago to MTSU and you have to go back to '97 to find the next loss.

Joining the Sunbelt would increase our winning percentage but it's what joining the SBC wouldn't do that is the problem:
    • Doesn't raise the level of competition (which creates excitement and pride in the program)
    • Doesn't raise our cash incentive (Sunbelt has only 2 bowls it's contracted with)
    • Doesn't raise our national exposure
    So yeah we'd be winning games but no one would care cause we're thumping crappy teams.
    The only response most of the SBC members give when faced with this is "Whatever you're just scared cause you don't want to be embarrassed if you lose." So until someone can give a logical counterpoint to those 3 points SBC can go rot for all I care.

Puppy BigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBigD Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You mean kinda like LSU thinks they are better than everyone in the SEC.
    Wow, I dont think you could be further from the truth. Every LSU fan that I know is hoping for third in the West and second if they're lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Alright I'll spell it out for you BigD.

Tech is 111-66 all time against SBC; we're shaking in our boots about playing these teams. The last lost to an SBC team was in 10 years ago to MTSU and you have to go back to '97 to find the next loss.

Joining the Sunbelt would increase our winning percentage but it's what joining the SBC wouldn't do that is the problem:
    • Doesn't raise the level of competition (which creates excitement and pride in the program)
    • Doesn't raise our cash incentive (Sunbelt has only 2 bowls it's contracted with)
    • Doesn't raise our national exposure
    So yeah we'd be winning games but no one would care cause we're thumping crappy teams.
    The only response most of the SBC members give when faced with this is "Whatever you're just scared cause you don't want to be embarrassed if you lose." So until someone can give a logical counterpoint to those 3 points SBC can go rot for all I care.
    First, I think everyone agrees that the SBC is much better than what it used to be so I think things would be much more competitive for a 4 win WAC team in the Sunbelt now.
    As for your 3 points... While they may be valid, they are also very arguable.

1. The WAC is miserable without Boise, so I think winning against more local rivals would indeed bring more pride than winning against horrible west coast teams. (Remember, my argument isnt that the SBC would be better than CUSA, its that the SBC is also a choice that should be considered because there is no guarantee that tech gets an invite from CUSA)
    2. I could be wrong about this, but doesn't the WAC only have 3 bowls under contract? Plus, if your winning the conference like you say you would, shouldnt you be in one of those bowls anyway? Maybe your not making AS much from bowls, but you would be saving a TON in travel costs. And speaking of bowls, before a conference would be interested in you, you have to do something for them too and prove you can bring them bowl money at least somewhat consistently.
    3. The only national exposure you are getting right now is when your on Boise's Highlight reel. Trust me, it would mean alot more to be in the SBC championship game than to be a bottom feeder in the WAC.

+ Reply to Thread