+ Reply to Thread
Page 415 of 517 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 7752

Thread: If you want a thread to die

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: If you want a thread to die

20 more days without football until kickoff. It's AWESOME, BABY!! GO BULLDOGS!!
    • #20 MR. RYAN MOATS!!!! Ryan played 32 games over three seasons at Louisiana Tech and was named Western Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2004. Anybody got Ryan's Tech stats to share? Loved how he just kicked Fresno's a$$.
    • #20 freshman bulldog JAQWIS DANCY from Junction City.
    • #20 LOU BROCK, St. Louis Cardinals star, in honor of our Southern U. friends. Brock, from ElDorado. His career included a .295 batting average; 938 stolen bases; 3,023 hits; 149 homers; 900 rbi's.
    • All-Star (1967, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1979)
    • World Series champion (1964, 1967)
    • Roberto Clemente Award (1975)
    • St. Louis Cardinals #20 retired

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    22 days Thursday til our first football game of the 2015 season in Ruston. Three weeks and a day til kickoff. GO DOGS!!
    • #22 Jarred Craft Bulldog sophomore running back from HAUGHTON. Craft rushed for 294 yards and four touchdowns as a freshman. Touchdowns came in big games, vs rival ULL, CUSA west division title game vs Rice (58 yard TD run), Zaxby's HOD Bowl (opening score), UTEP. What BBB poster brought Jarred to Tech football games with FBC Haughton Sunday School class as an 8th and 9th grader? GREAT KSLA feature here on Craft and Haughton's Marlon Seets, that the team calls the "Haughton Deluxe" when they're in the backfield with Dixon. Oh my, ya gotta love it: http://www.ktbs.com/story/29365118/j...ear-at-la-tech
    [/SIZE][/LIST][/SIZE]
    Hope to see a lot of the "Haughton Deluxe" this year, it was unstoppable last year. I predict at least 3TD's for the Red Out game.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    Hope to see a lot of the "Haughton Deluxe" this year, it was unstoppable last year. I predict at least 3TD's for the Red Out game.
    Wonder if "Haughton" and "Deluxe" have ever appeared in the same sentence before? Makes it even cooler!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Hey Champ967 who do you think paid Social Security for over 40 years and Medicare since inception? These are not free, nor are they "entitlements" in the classical welfare since. I know the Social Security payment pain as I have had to pay it myself and for myself for the last 30 years. That rate is over 15 per cent if you're self employed like I am. I am retired and still have to pay it and if I make too much money I will have to pay tax on my Social Security on which I have already paid taxes.
    You misunderstand me ... I don't begrudge you those things.
    I was just answering the question "Why is America in so much debt?"

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    You misunderstand me ... I don't begrudge you those things.
    I was just answering the question "Why is America in so much debt?"
    The debt is due to borrowing, including from the Social Security trust fund. But Social Security in and of itself is just a liability like any other account payable or a demand deposit at a bank. It is owed because we have deposited our money over the years. Now there is some amount of "freebie" in Social Security like letting a non working spouse take money out based upon the other spouse's contributions. Also there is Supplemental Income which is given to people who never contribute. But you can't paint a broad swath and blame the debt on people who are just getting back what they put in -- some don't even get that, especially if you are in a higher income bracket. The percentage of your pre retirement earnings you receive is lower the higher your earnings. So there is even some welfare built into the straight system.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

The debt is due to borrowing, including from the Social Security trust fund. But Social Security in and of itself is just a liability like any other account payable or a demand deposit at a bank. It is owed because we have deposited our money over the years. Now there is some amount of "freebie" in Social Security like letting a non working spouse take money out based upon the other spouse's contributions. Also there is Supplemental Income which is given to people who never contribute. But you can't paint a broad swath and blame the debt on people who are just getting back what they put in -- some don't even get that, especially if you are in a higher income bracket. The percentage of your pre retirement earnings you receive is lower the higher your earnings. So there is even some welfare built into the straight system.
    Good post!!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

GAME DAY is twenty days from today!! Go Dawgs...JFW!!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

"Blame" is a strong word. That national debt is overwhelmingly associated with a particular population group is worth noting, but that doesn't mean they are to "blame".

Blame implies that national debt carries some kind of moral deficiency. That national debt is an intrinsically "bad" thing.

I certainly never said that, nor meant to imply it. Methinks the Boomers doth protest too much.

GAME DAY is nineteen days from today!! That is only 2 weeks and 5 days!! Go Dawgs...JFW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    GAME DAY is nineteen days from today!! That is only 2 weeks and 5 days!! Go Dawgs...JFW!!!
    #+19 JOHNNY UNITAS, ten time pro bowl quarterback.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

REM- Bobby Gray???

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    REM- Bobby Gray???
    HEY....OLDBLUE....good to see ya!!!

GAME DAY is only 2 weeks and 4 days from today!! Go Dawgs...JFW!!!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Did a search for "Louisiana Football" on yahoo today. There were 7 images that catches the eye. 4 were action shots from TECH games, 1 was of JAS, one involving SLU, and 1 of the "chigger" logo.

A year old, but interesting read on Shane Carpenter

http://lafootballmagazine.com/uncate...-tech-recruit/

and Secdrick Cooper

http://lafootballmagazine.com/uncate...-tech-recruit/

+ Reply to Thread