+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 517 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 7752

Thread: If you want a thread to die

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: If you want a thread to die

Before we had a tv (I think I was 6 years old when we got one)we listened to the radio. Big John and Sparky, Our Miss Brooks, Howdy Doody, One Man's Family, Jack Benny, Roy Rogers, Arthur Godfrey. There was also a show about outer space, but I don't remember the name.
    Oh, how about drink cans that had to be opened with a can opener, and bottles that had to be opened with a bottle opener....a stalk of sugar cane that cost 2 cents and you could chew on it for a week.....when it would rain and there was no lightning, we would put on our bathing suits and play out in the rain.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    when it would rain and there was no lightning, we would put on our bathing suits and play out in the rain.
    Kids still do this.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The green goat has a yellow beard!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Before we had a tv (I think I was 6 years old when we got one)we listened to the radio. Big John and Sparky,...., Howdy Doody, There was also a show about outer space, but I don't remember the name.
    Oh, how about drink cans that had to be opened with a can opener, and bottles that had to be opened with a bottle opener....a stalk of sugar cane that cost 2 cents and you could chew on it for a week.....when it would rain and there was no lightning, we would put on our bathing suits and play out in the rain.
    Captain Video and his video rangers!!!

tumbs up.gif

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

200px-Don_Hastings_Captain_Video.JPGCaptain Video and the ranger.jpg
    Posted these some time ago. Pay attention 70! And, take your B-12.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Attachment 13600Attachment 13601
    Posted these some time ago. Pay attention 70! And, take your B-12.
    Yep, I do take B-12

21 days until the Arkansas football game!!!!! Season opener for LA TECH!!

3:30 A.M. Watching river stages and praying for cresting. Made it through all the rain fine, but I would never have believed we would see backwater from the river at our elevation.

Got a gauge in my yard checking as the water has been raising. At 8-9PM, was coming up at a rate of 4 inches per hour. Since then it has been slowing down. Last check at 3:00AM the rate was just under 1/4 inch for the last hour.
    The water is at the base of the slab as I type. Several neighbors not so fortunate.
    As of the last reported stages, the main river of concern has crested close to our area, and looks like the next point just down river from there seems to be cresting. I'm good for about 3 more inches until the sand bags will have to go to work.

I feel blessed, and will be doing a "real" happy dance if my "yard gauge" is showing no rise since 3.
    If not, my wife will get the new flooring she's been wanting.
    Hope all the other area Dawgs are okay. Lost track of how many inches of rain we've gotten(well over 20") since Wednesday.

HOORAAAH! The gauge level did not increase last hour.
    BUT, I look at the radar and see the whole thing fixing to start over again.
    Heavy rain coming in from the gulf heading our way.

OLDBLUE, you and your family are in our prayers. My cousin in Lafayette is trapped in his home in Lafayette. His house is on a hill. He along with son, daughter in law, two grand children and several neighbors are in his house. They still have electricity. He said there are several airboats traveling in his subdivision who said if they need to be evacuated to let one of them know. They are ok for now.

WOW. Got out by a prayer. Thanks.
    Neighbor across the street got 2" in their house, two blocks away 1.5 feet. This was unbelievable.
    Lotta clean-up work to be done. Trading in the sand bag shovel for squeegee and mops. Lotta "stuff"to tear out and disinfect in the 'hood. Most of us just got power back in time for this morning break. No end to opportunities to show a little of God's love around here.

We had about 100 folk in our church gym but they had to be transferred because of the threat of water making it into the gym Saturday afternoon. I lost count of the loads of sand that was gone thru Saturday, but this old 72 year old frame held up pretty good. I'm almost an expert at sand bagging now. Hope I never have to try to break any records in the future. It took me a while to get out of bed this morning.

70, hope our cousin made it thru okay, and likewise for all the Dawgs out there.

If you are high and dry, whisper a little prayer of thanks.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard from cousins in Zachary. Water was very close to them, but has receded now. Several of their in-laws have water in their homes though. Hope all affected get relief they need.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Glad the flood missed you!

The quotes about the "old days" reminded me of a few things: 5 Cent cokes and Candy; penny bubble gum; Saturday baseball with Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese, with the "old pro" selling Falstaff beer; Friday Night fights sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer; a scary show called "The Squeaking Door"; the Mickey Mouse club; Pinky Lee; hot summer nights with no air conditioning; Name that Tune; Doctor visits at home; and waiting days for the television repair man to show up to fix the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    WOW. Got out by a prayer. Thanks.
    Neighbor across the street got 2" in their house, two blocks away 1.5 feet. This was unbelievable.
    Lotta clean-up work to be done. Trading in the sand bag shovel for squeegee and mops. Lotta "stuff"to tear out and disinfect in the 'hood. Most of us just got power back in time for this morning break. No end to opportunities to show a little of God's love around here.

We had about 100 folk in our church gym but they had to be transferred because of the threat of water making it into the gym Saturday afternoon. I lost count of the loads of sand that was gone thru Saturday, but this old 72 year old frame held up pretty good. I'm almost an expert at sand bagging now. Hope I never have to try to break any records in the future. It took me a while to get out of bed this morning.

70, hope our cousin made it thru okay, and likewise for all the Dawgs out there.

If you are high and dry, whisper a little prayer of thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    Glad the flood missed you!

The quotes about the "old days" reminded me of a few things: 5 Cent cokes and Candy; penny bubble gum; Saturday baseball with Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese, with the "old pro" selling Falstaff beer; Friday Night fights sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer; a scary show called "The Squeaking Door"; the Mickey Mouse club; Pinky Lee; hot summer nights with no air conditioning; Name that Tune; Doctor visits at home; and waiting days for the television repair man to show up to fix the TV.
    We were fortunate to have a TV repairman who lived 4 houses down from us. However, when he would come over to see what was wrong, the TV would operate just fine. He would stay an hour or two....then say if it acts up again, give me a call. I enjoyed watching TV with y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Just heard from cousins in Zachary. Water was very close to them, but has receded now. Several of their in-laws have water in their homes though. Hope all affected get relief they need.
    Zachary was hit pretty hard. They are North West of us (and across the Comite River). The Comite and Amite Rivers merge Just North of HWY 190 between Baton Rouge and Denham Springs. Central, where we live, is between the two rivers.

Today, all the excitement is down around Gonzales as all the "lower" tributaries are backing up.
    One report said 90% of homes in Livingston Parish have taken on water. East side Ascension Parish may turn out worse.

Its some mess yah Cher.

+ Reply to Thread