+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross Starter??

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Re: Ross Starter??

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Will you guys support Ross if he is named the starter or are you still in the "anyone but Ross" camp after last year's performance?
    Its nothing like that.
    I'll support whoever takes the field this year. I'm a Bulldog, baby.

Heck, I'd even support you if you run out there and take some snaps.:icon_wink:

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

7 teams on our schedule played in bowls last year. That is over 2 months of extra practice. Navy won 10 games including notre dame-- we have a great shot at 6-6. Minor bowl. We never play well at hawaii ( one of navys 2 losses--coach says s miss has most talent in cusa-- dream world beating Boise at home-- Texas a/m may take us for granted but they are 3 deep in talent. We go 7-5 I will be very happy. Next year we will be acclimated to system.. Try to enjoy watching us play exciting football and if we can beat Nevada and Fresno at home it would be sweet revenge for bailing on WAC-- coach could call Jack and find out how to beat Fresno ( just something for you bicknell haters)

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    coach could call Jack and find out how to beat Fresno ( just something for you bicknell haters)
    Give the ball to Moats.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Will you guys support Ross if he is named the starter or are you still in the "anyone but Ross" camp after last year's performance?
    I will fully be behind Ross once he demonstrates the ability to hit a receiver in stride once he is 20+ yards down the field.

Last year it seemed Ross characteristically threw the deep ball 5-10 yards short.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Based on the skill sets we have available I don't think the coach's choice of a starting QB will affect our w/l totals much at all. We have guys who are not worldbeaters. I hope Dykes can land a phenom recruit that wants to play early. (yeah, Burch may be that particular guy)

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I only saw one poster make that statement. I don't think that is a concensus opinion at all. I think the vast majority of us will support whoever steps under certer, or behind center, or whatever. If it's RJ, he's da man.

Puppy DOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really niceDOLEMITE is just really nice DOLEMITE's Avatar

Esminger seems like he would try to make the big play and turn the ball over. Is Burch in the mix? That kid can play!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Burch is going to redshirt.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

If it is Ross of 08 and not ross 09 we will be ok ( in this anything but Dooley offense). I like going into battle with experience and see Steve get plenty of playing time also-- hopefully both of them will surprise us

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    If it is Ross of 08 and not ross 09 we will be ok ( in this anything but Dooley offense). I like going into battle with experience and see Steve get plenty of playing time also-- hopefully both of them will surprise us
    What? Ross threw 7 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in 2008, and 17 touchdowns with 5 interceptions in 2009. He threw for 1,000 more yards in 2009. His QB rating went up 20 points in 2009.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I think we will know a lot more about how each looks after the Grambling game. Both will get some playing time and we can make a better decision after seeing that game.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he lets Ross start for his first game his senior year then SE comes in the second half.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Maybe he lets Ross start for his first game his senior year then SE comes in the second half.
    Colby will be in by the second half, if things go the way they're supposed to.

Techfan 01-- understand your point-- Ross watched Bennett first part of season so stats a little out of whack-- I meant his arm -- I am convinced he had shoulder or arm problems last yr-- he could not deliver deep ball like he did in 08. I am 100% behind any young man who gears up for my dogs-- just hope his arm is back ( my dumb ass opinion)

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

I think it's going to be all about Ross and SE. I know Colby as gotten "hot" this week, but it's about consistency in performance. Colby is a great athlete that needs to be on the field but I just don't think it's at QB. Will he make plays against Grambling, sure he will. But when it comes down to picking a starter for Tx A&M (the real game) it's going to be between Ross and Steve. So good luck to those two against Grambling because one of them is going to lead us to a W against Tx A&M and Colby will be catching the TD's rather than throwing them.

+ Reply to Thread