+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawking: God Did Not Create the Universe

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Hawking: God Did Not Create the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    There has to be space for there to have time, and before the big bang there was no space.
    What caused the Big Bang?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    God knows.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Guess we will have to read the book to see what he says. Perhaps the big bang caused itself.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Interesting...he used to say he couldn't comment on anything prior to the Bang. He didn't feel it was science.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Guess we will have to read the book to see what he says. Perhaps the big bang caused itself.
    You read the book for me and let me know. I want to know how a big bang can cause itself out of nothing.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Interesting...he used to say he couldn't comment on anything prior to the Bang. He didn't feel it was science.
    Well, who knows what he says in the book, but in theory, if you could develop a sound theory that unites general relativity and quantum mechanics (i.e., the so called "theory of everything"), then it may be predictive of the cause of the Big Bang. Don't know if he thinks he has gotten something close to that or not.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Just goes to show that you can be the smartest person in the world and still not have wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Just goes to show that you can be the smartest person in the world and still not have wisdom...
    Don't know what you are implying. This guy is a genius, and his brilliance and judgment have contributed much to the advancement of science.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

You read the book for me and let me know. I want to know how a big bang can cause itself out of nothing.
    I will read it. I will say again, though, that scientist should stick to science, and theologians should stick to theology.

Varsity Bulldog rmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the roughrmitch5411 is a jewel in the rough

The Bible tells us that God spoke the Universe into existense. If this does not cause a big BANG, I do not know what would. Mr. Hawking is blessed with a great intellect. It is amazing sometimes how foolish intelligent people can be.

As for Me and Mine, we will follow the Lord!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmitch5411 View Post
    The Bible tells us that God spoke the Universe into existense. If this does not cause a big BANG, I do not know what would. Mr. Hawking is blessed with a great intellect. It is amazing sometimes how foolish intelligent people can be.

As for Me and Mine, we will follow the Lord!!
    Or maybe he is right.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

LMAO, I knew this thread existed before I arrived at the site. Faith is a wonderful thing. Thanks for not letting me down G.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe he is right.

Well, the "maybe" in there tells me you still know its 50-50.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    LMAO, I knew this thread existed before I arrived at the site. Faith is a wonderful thing. Thanks for not letting me down G.
    One day faith will be gone and we will all live in knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Well, the "maybe" in there tells me you still know its 50-50.
    Just trying to be polite.

+ Reply to Thread