View Poll Results: What should you wear to other schools' games?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go neutral: maybe a nice beige polo and jeans.

29 26.85%
  • Represent Tech to the max: Tech shirt and hat

23 21.30%
  • Represent Tech a little: Tech hat with neutral shirt

33 30.56%
  • Mix it up: Tech hat with shirt from school you are visiting

4 3.70%
  • When in Rome: Just gear from school you are visiting

6 5.56%
  • Further ruin LSU's rep: Wear LSU garb, get drunk, start fight, vomit on old lady.

13 12.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should one wear when attending other schools' games?

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

What should one wear when attending other schools' games?

Thought I would throw this one out there:

What do you consider proper attire for attending a college football game in which your team is not playing and you aren't really pulling for either team? Should you still represent your school and wear a Tech hat/shirt? Should you buy something from the home school? Should you just wear a random plaid shirt and try not to offend anyone? Does it change things if the school in question is a school your team plays or is a rival of?

I ask because I am going to the USM/Kansas game tonight. Our clinic is a corporate sponsor and always has a big tailgate tent and has a bunch of free tickets, so I thought I would go check out the scene and see how it compares to what we have going on over in Ruston. Plus its always fun to check out upcoming opponents. My gut instinct is to throw in a Tech hat and proudly represent my school and fill in any USM fan that cares to ask about the ass kicking they are going to receive next week (good-naturedly, of course! Unless its that douchebag EagerEagle). But then I think about all the crap we give idiots that wear LSU stuff to Tech games, and I sure don't want to be "that guy". I also have seen a few folks wearing Boise or Hawaii stuff to our games on weeks we are not playing them, who just happen to be in the area and wanted to check out a game. I think its cool they wear their school stuff. So what should the rules be?
    Last edited by NathanDarby; 09-17-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What should one wear when attending other schools' games?

I always wear some TECH gear

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Blue Tech gear looks a lot like KU gear anyways. I'd go neutral. However, you might strike up some good conversation with Southern Miss fans if they see your Tech stuff. You can say you came to scout them out.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Dont wear Tech gear. It has nothing to do with not being proud of your school, its about not being that guy. What would you say if a USM fan rolled into JAS tomorrow night decked in their gear. You would make fun of him, or at least you should.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I always wear some TECH gear
    Concur. I always wear something Tech, I don't go head to toe blue, but some representation (usually a low-key hat like my I-bowl one with the Tech logo on the side). If someone gives me a freebee shirt/hat from the home team I'll wear it unless it's generally offensive (i.e. tenn./lsu/ulm/oregon et. al.). If I don't care who wins I'll try to wear the home teams colors...

Now, if we're playing them next week, a.k.a. Southern Miss, I'd be head to toe Tech with a notepad for a scouting report.
    :icon_wink:

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

If you wear Tech gear, aren't you "That guy" at our games that wears lsu stuff?

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Dont wear Tech gear. It has nothing to do with not being proud of your school, its about not being that guy. What would you say if a USM fan rolled into JAS tomorrow night decked in their gear. You would make fun of him, or at least you should.
    i agree. it always makes me mad when i see team gear of another school, other than the one we are playing, at our games. so when i go to other games and have no feeling for either team, i just wear a regular polo with no color relation to either school.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I wore a Karl Malone Tech jersey at a ark/bama game back in 05 in tuscaloosa. I got a few comments about Tech beating baba in 97 and 99, which was my main focus in wearing it.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I could see a guy or girl in a USM hat at our stadium tomorrow nite and think, hummm, checking out the competition. I could see a guy or girl DECKED out head to toe in USM at our stadium tomorrow nite and think, hummm, what a JA.

I think there is a happy medium for sure!

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I don't care if graduates from the University of Arkansas, for instance, show up at our home game wearing a hat or something from their alma mater. Enjoy the game, come back next week and maybe we'll win them over as a fan. I do care if Tech students show up with a razorback hat on.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me, I'd go with a black Saints shirt and maybe a white TECH hat. 1.) Blend in with the Black from USM 2.) it would support my favorite NFL team (many USM fans may be Saints fans) 3.) you wouldnt be "that guy" 4.) the white Tech hat would give you something to talk about without being blatant about it
    Last edited by baw011; 09-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Varsity Bulldog dawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nice dawg419's Avatar

I have to go with the neutral stance. As much as we complain about people wearing LSU stuff to our games, it seems somewhat hypocritical to then turn around and say where Tech stuff to someone else's game. My son, the black sheep of the family, is an LSU grad and when I went to games down there I wore neutral non-LSU, non-whoever they were playing clothing. This is what I would expect of someone who has no special loyalty to Tech doing when they come to see us play.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    See, I don't think so. Because I actually attended and graduated from Tech, whereas "that guy" in the LSU garb either dropped out of high school, went to ULM, or goes to Tech and deserves to be shamed. If the people wearing LSU crap actually graduated from there I have no problem with it.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dawg419 View Post
    I have to go with the neutral stance. As much as we complain about people wearing LSU stuff to our games, it seems somewhat hypocritical to then turn around and say where Tech stuff to someone else's game. My son, the black sheep of the family, is an LSU grad and when I went to games down there I wore neutral non-LSU, non-whoever they were playing clothing. This is what I would expect of someone who has no special loyalty to Tech doing when they come to see us play.
    I agree. It also depends on if you are a "stand-out" or a "blend-in" kinda person. I would prefer to blend-in at a game between two teams that I care nothing about. Do you want the attention or not?

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting this. I'm missing the Navy game to see my brother in his first season with the tigerband tomorrow. It's a "gold out" so I was wondering what I should wear.

+ Reply to Thread