+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JAS Concessions complaint

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

JAS Concessions complaint

Adding to the meltdown mode of the board...I have a few things I disliked about our (east side) concession stands.

1. Styrofoam cups??? Where are the souvenir cups?
    2. CO2 tank was messed up, soft drink were flat on one machine.
    3. They ran out of ice.
    4. Whats the deal with the multiple tables selling candy? This was very high schoolish.

I'm disappointed with Aramark. Whoever is responsible in managing the concessions is doing a bad job. You had all summer to prepare for the home opener. I bet there will be no changes for the Southern Miss game.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Re: JAS Concessions complaint

Who cares about a flat coca cola, we had our arse handed to us on a plate and you are worried about a cold drink.
    Gee.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Adding to the meltdown mode of the board...I have a few things I disliked about our (east side) concession stands.

3. They ran out of ice.
    4. Whats the deal with the multiple tables selling candy? This was very high schoolish.

I'm disappointed with Aramark. Whoever is responsible in managing the concessions is doing a bad job. You had all summer to prepare for the home opener. I bet there will be no changes for the Southern Miss game.
    Send an email to BVDV.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

3. They ran out of ice.

Originally Posted by rockdog
    (The season hasn't started. That's my defense of this thread.)

You guys remember the Aramark survey from a couple months ago? Do we know if anything will come from that survey? As far as I could tell, most people responded with the fact that the concessions sucked and were more like a Dixie Youth baseball game rather than a big time college football game.

Does anyone have any information on if anything will be changed? I know we commented on things from the appearance of the concessions, to options, and to the quality of the items. I know with a great slate of games at home this year it would be great to have a first class concession system.
    Originally posted by qng001
    You should email BVDV about your concern.

:icon_wink:

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Was also confused about the big cups. What got me was they ran out of bottled water at half time and sold cups of ice for $4???!!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Who cares about a flat coca cola, we had our arse handed to us on a plate and you are worried about a cold drink.
    Gee.
    "arse handed to us" is the key.

Everybuddy is in a bitchy humor.

Actually, I thought the concessions were much improved over past years.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I didn't want to be the one to start this....but I've seen better managed concessions at High School games. Seriously.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    Was also confused about the big cups. What got me was they ran out of bottled water at half time and sold cups of ice for $4???!!!
    Wow! Never understood the running out of bottled water thing. Maybe they don't realize that it won't go bad.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Wow! Never understood the running out of bottled water thing. Maybe they don't realize that it won't go bad.
    Not true.
    If you store it in a dark place, it will stay good for quite a while.
    But if you store it where it's in sunlight it will go bad.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

How do you run out of ice? At an FBS football game. Freeze some water people.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Community Trust needs to install an ATM on each side of the stadium.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

"Also wanted to throw this in since we're complaining, and I don't think there's a thread on it yet, or at least if there is, I haven't gotten to it yet. Anyway, they ran out of water on the west side about halfway through the second quarter. On a 102 degree afternoon!! Will they ever learn? I worked concession stands at Tech games as a fundraiser at least 10 years ago on a very, very hot day and we ran out of water. Ten years later and they still can't have enough on hand for a hot day. Geez, there's a game next week if they ended up with too much. Is this rocket science?"

I posted this earlier on the "jumbotron rap music thread" before this thread was started. Guess I could have started a new thread since I was surprised there hadn't already been one complaining about concessions. Glad to see I wasn't the only one--although I'm not glad we have anything to complain about at all. And what happened to the people selling drinks in the stands? They don't do that anymore, or did I miss it? But then they wouldn't have had ice in them, and that was my main goal--cold ice.

Varsity Bulldog Schoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really nice

They also ran out of jalapenos right after halftime. Nachos aren't nachos without jalapenos.

I think that is the same time things went downhill for us on the field. Let's stock up on water and jalapenos and see if that gets us over the hump.

Bulldog brentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Community Trust needs to install an ATM on each side of the stadium.

Somebody does! It's 2010!!

Bulldog brentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the roughbrentcausey is a jewel in the rough

I'll make a list and get it taken care of

1) Jalapenos
    2) ATM
    3) Water and/or frozen water
    4) A win
    5) Less Candy
    6) More Mustard
    what else?

+ Reply to Thread