+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Bout Dem Cowboys!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Re: How Bout Dem Cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    FWIW, "TWO DAT" while being a clever rhyme makes no sense. The saying "WHO DAT" comes from the phrase "Who Dat say they gonna beat them Saints." So by saying "Two dat" you are saying that "Two are going to beat the Saints." It makes no sense... I understand it is meant to be an homage to a repeat championship, I just think it is stupid.
    Lighten up dude...have fun with it.

That's all it is...F-U-N.

After this year we will be saying THREE dat...(get it?)

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Lighten up dude...have fun with it.

That's all it is...F-U-N.

After this year we will be saying THREE dat...(get it?)
    Again, i understand the fun of it, I understand what everyone is trying to do with it...I just don't like it and think it stems from a bunch of bandwagon fans that don't even know what the saying "Who Dat" means

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Leaving tomorrow for the Cowboys/Saints game. Can't wait to see the stadium for the first time!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I hate to see it but Jason Garrett has really given the plowboys a pulse....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I hate to see it but Jason Garrett has really given the plowboys a pulse....
    There are a lot of mid-season changes almost every year in MLB. I'm not an NFL fan at all, but it does not seem to be as frequent in the NFL. I would think that a coaching change in the NFL wouldn't help much mid-season. What is the most common effect of a mid-season NFL coaching change?
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    There are a lot of mid-season changes almost every year in MLB. I'm not an NFL fan at all, but it does not seem to be as frequent in the NFL. I would think that a coaching change in the NFL wouldn't help much mid-season. What is the most common effect of a mid-season NFL coaching change?
    From 2008 to 2009, the common effect of a mid-season coaching change is an improvement in the winning percentage. The 4 coaches who were fired during the season won 25% of the team's games while their replacements won 35% of the team's remaining games.

Each team that fired their head coach (Buffalo in 2009; St. Louis, Oakland, & San Francisco in 2008) improved their winning percentage after making the coaching change. They were still lousy, but they improved.

2009:
    Buffalo started 3-6, finished 6-10

2008:
    St. Louis started 0-4, finished 2-14
    Oakland started 1-3, finished 5-11
    S.F. started 2-5, finished 7-9

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Let Manning play his "normal" game and the Cowboys don't come close to winning that game. Unfortunately Manning had a bad day which turned out to be a good day for the Cowboys.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Cowgirls next coach? I know JJ wanted him at one time.

link

Report: Pitt cans Wannstedt

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Let Manning play his "normal" game and the Cowboys don't come close to winning that game. Unfortunately Manning had a bad day which turned out to be a good day for the Cowboys.

Manning's "normal" day seems to include "pick sixes".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Manning's "normal" day seems to include "pick sixes".
    Bet Manning is glad they are playing tonite. Real competitors like to get back in the saddle ASAP!

Not sure what is wrong with PM this year. Loss of focus, maybe? yeah, he's missing some key receivers, but he's too good of a QB for that to matter this much.

Heck, even Brees is throwing picks. Has 16 ints in 12 games this year, versus just 11 ints in 19 games last year.

Colts have to win tonite, so I expect to see PM have a good game.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Bet Manning is glad they are playing tonite. Real competitors like to get back in the saddle ASAP!

Not sure what is wrong with PM this year. Loss of focus, maybe? yeah, he's missing some key receivers, but he's too good of a QB for that to matter this much.
    From what I understand, it's not just receivers. He's also missing a couple of O-line guys. And they've had RB issues. He's barely working with the same team he did a year ago (and remember he was overcoming injury issues even then).

Possibly the revolving door and the dificulty of dealing with where he expects receivers to go versus where they do go is creating problems.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    From what I understand, it's not just receivers. He's also missing a couple of O-line guys. And they've had RB issues. He's barely working with the same team he did a year ago (and remember he was overcoming injury issues even then).

Possibly the revolving door and the dificulty of dealing with where he expects receivers to go versus where they do go is creating problems.
    He has been making throws that are un-Manning like. He is throwing into coverage and trying to force throws into small windows. Rookie like mistakes, but he is going to be fine.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 12-13-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On Vick:

Al Michaels says: He's overcome a lot...blah, blah, blah..

Chris Collinsworth: Ya know, we live in a very forgiving nation, after what he did.

Collinsworth wasn't complimenting this nation, he was verbally shaking his head trying to understand it. I agree with CC. Frankly, I think the NFL has a black-eye for allowing Vick back into the league. Baseball banned Charlie Hustle for a little gambling mess... the NFL welcomes dog-killers with opened arms.

It's a good thing I don't play safety or linebacker in the NFL. I KNOW I'd get tagged a few times for "roughing the QB (a certain QB)."

+ Reply to Thread