+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luke McCown

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Luke McCown

This move by the Jags is driving the talking heads NUTS. I'm not sure I've ever heard so much editorializing on a single report. The only "logical" explanation for the talking heads is that the Jags are grooming Gabbert to start after the open date (week 8?).

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This move by the Jags is driving the talking heads NUTS. I'm not sure I've ever heard so much editorializing on a single report. The only "logical" explanation for the talking heads is that the Jags are grooming Gabbert to start after the open date (week 8?).
    Nevermind the fact that the Jags have always like Luke. He was in line to be the starter in Week 3 last year after Garrard was injured. Came off the bench in the fourth quarter before blowing out his knee late in that game. Luke has shown flashes that he could be a starting QB in both Tampa and Jacksonville. I hope the Jaguars give him a real opportunity and aren't having him bridge the gap for Gabbert to take over late in the season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Nevermind the fact that the Jags have always like Luke. He was in line to be the starter in Week 3 last year after Garrard was injured. Came off the bench in the fourth quarter before blowing out his knee late in that game. Luke has shown flashes that he could be a starting QB in both Tampa and Jacksonville. I hope the Jaguars give him a real opportunity and aren't having him bridge the gap for Gabbert to take over late in the season.
    Looking back at preseason now I can see why Luke got so little PT.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I just hope Luke makes it to where they cant sit him the rest of this season, and maybe the Jags will still want to go with Gabbert at the beginning of next season. But if Luke plays well, he can get a chance somewhere else with a new contract.

+ Reply to Thread