+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is The Deal With I-20?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: What Is The Deal With I-20?

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Isn't that the place where the State Troopers routinely have one cop with a radar gun under the bridge to check speed and another cop ready to pull over speeders?
    There are times when they do that. I know that on occasion, there will be a push by the police to crack down on speeders in that area. When they have one of those pushes, you will frequently see them doing the bridge thing. I don't know what the grace buffer is, though. I'm always good if it is under 10 mph. It isn't the troopers i'm worried about so much as I am the sheriff deputies.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Why are they cutting all of the trees down along the same route (Minden to Ruston). It looks like crap!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Why are they cutting all of the trees down along the same route (Minden to Ruston). It looks like crap!
    Its a profit center, time to harvest. Hope they clean it up, its dumpy now.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

This is what I have been wondering!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that the place where the State Troopers routinely have one cop with a radar gun under the bridge to check speed and another cop ready to pull over speeders?

Generally, they are further west an overpass or two...more often on the westbound side.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I asked the hwy dept about it a few weeks ago. They told me that the trees were due to be cleaned off portions of certain rideaways for saftey reasons. Doesn't make sense when you consider some of the trees not taken or some of the areas not touched.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Its a profit center, time to harvest. Hope they clean it up, its dumpy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    This is what I have been wondering!
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I asked the hwy dept about it a few weeks ago. They told me that the trees were due to be cleaned off portions of certain rideaways for saftey reasons. Doesn't make sense when you consider some of the trees not taken or some of the areas not touched.
    It looks like a tornado hit going east to west. There's seems to be absolutely zero thought to what they cut down and destroyed. Was it a bunch of red necks drinking beer and Red Bull going at it or what?

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Glad someone else wondered and knew someone to ask. I had heard and/or thought the reason they planted the trees in the median in the first place was for safety--to stop cars from going across to the other lanes. Now they're cutting them down for safety. Oh, well.....

I thought at first they were just cutting on the sides, but they're in the median as well. Then I thought maybe they were cutting the pine trees only, and in places it looks that way, since they fall over with the weighted needles in ice storms. Then, too, I thought maybe the government just needed money so badly it had to sell any trees they owned wherever.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Glad someone else wondered and knew someone to ask. I had heard and/or thought the reason they planted the trees in the median in the first place was for safety--to stop cars from going across to the other lanes. Now they're cutting them down for safety. Oh, well.....

I thought at first they were just cutting on the sides, but they're in the median as well. Then I thought maybe they were cutting the pine trees only, and in places it looks that way, since they fall over with the weighted needles in ice storms. Then, too, I thought maybe the government just needed money so badly it had to sell any trees they owned wherever.
    I-20 is starting to look like I-49 (south of Shreveport) with all the trees cut down along the sides of the interstate and in the median.

I guess the safety concern the state has is to prevent cars from running off the road and into a bunch of trees.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I-20 is starting to look like I-49 (south of Shreveport) with all the trees cut down along the sides of the interstate and in the median.

I guess the safety concern the state has is to prevent cars from running off the road and into a bunch of trees.

I guess if they keep cutting there will be fewer places for the officers to hide, but I do hate the tress are going.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post

I'd be surprised if the trees they are cutting were planted. Most of them are the result of just leaving certain areas unmowed. Most of the trees are gum and pine.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

That's correct -

Wind and wildlife planted those trees over the last 30 years or so...

Deferred maintenance and mowing let them get out of control -

You basically have an unmaintained right of way which is a huge liability in court
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread