+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My meaningless thoughts on the game...week four

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

My meaningless thoughts on the game...week four

First of all I would like to note that I am showing my dedication by writing up my thoughts instead of studying!

This one is going to be shorter because I am honestly out of thoughts for how to fix this team this year. I have gotten to the point where I just want to see improvement each week, I think a bowl game is now out of the question.

I would like to first give a shout out to all of the students. We have all heard for so long how the students don't support the team and how this is a "suitcase" college and how everyone goes home on the weekends. For two weeks in a row now the students have not only packed out the student "section", more like the student side, and stayed to the very end even when the team looked dead for quarters at a time. We are into the cheers, we are loud, and we did a great job with the red out. Great job students!

To the game:

I have probably been Franklin's biggest defender on this board but tonight has me scratching my head. Lennon Creer with five carries? I also thought that Dykes pulled Cameron WAY too early.

We need some big possession receivers. We have the little quick fast guys that can run down the field but we don't have anyone I would feel comfortable throwing to in traffic on third and three. Besides pass rushers and linemen we need a big, strong, reliable receiver.

For a defense that only gave up 13 points it sure seems like they gave up a huge YPC average on the ground. USM got way too many yards on first down all night.

I want to call out the USM players for acting like they were hurt when they needed an extra couple of minutes to slow down our no huddle or to decide whether to punt or not, it was painfully obvious, no pun intended.

Heres to next week!

Top three most encouraging things:
    1. Student Section
    2. Victorian had a good game
    3. The rain was a blast to cheer in

Top three most disappointing things:
    1. After a better week last week, the offense regressed
    2. Rushing defense, again.
    3. Pass rush, again.

Go Dawgs!

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Re: My meaningless thoughts on the game...week four

Kudos to the students!!!! Again! The players were jazzed they stayed through the rain.

Defense gave up 192 yards on 54 carries. 3.55 YPC.

We ran 64 offensive plays. They ran 92 plays. Too many stalled drives....again.

Ray Holley had ONE carry. Not good.

Eric Harper had NO receptions, never saw him thrown too. Not Good.

Creer averaged 4.4 YPC. Hakmi....2.2YPC.....ummmmmmm

Defense played inspired football in the 2nd half after giving up the early TD.

Remember, if Porter is able to corral the ball after he blocks the punt, Tech wins.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

dch028, You are absolutely correct my young friend. The students have really stepped up. Better than any I have seen in over 30+ years IMO. Tonight I looked accross and saw an ocean of RED that appeared to be constantly on their feet. Looking accross at you from the west side, I was inspired to join my wife and kids in the "put yo hand up" thing. And it was great. Thanks students for your unconditional loyalty to our Bulldawgs and most of all, thank for you inspiration.

Chipdog.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Kudos to the students!!!! Again! The players were jazzed they stayed through the rain.

Defense gave up 192 yards on 54 carries. 3.55 YPC.

We ran 64 offensive plays. They ran 92 plays. Too many stalled drives....again.

Ray Holley had ONE carry. Not good.

Eric Harper had NO receptions, never saw him thrown too. Not Good.

Creer averaged 4.4 YPC. Hakmi....2.2YPC.....ummmmmmm

Defense played inspired football in the 2nd half after giving up the early TD.

Remember, if Porter is able to corral the ball after he blocks the punt, Tech wins.
    I don't remember seeing Eric in the game. Much less getting thrown to. Was he ever in the game?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Something meaningless I'll mention. When students started leaving because of rain I started yelling "the game isn't over!" at them.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Something meaningless I'll mention. When students started leaving because of rain I started yelling "the game isn't over!" at them.
    Yeah. I yelled it on the west side too, to no avail.

Big Dog aan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her game

I agree with alll, but, I think Cameron was pulled at exactly the right time. I give a thumbs up to Dykes for not being afraid of pulling a poor performing guy, something DD never did. Hakmi needs to work on his timing with WR, he will get there. We need to find a running game, running down their middle, punch them in the throat, get the D line tired. We have good RBs in Creer and Holley to do so. Student section was incredibly loud, specially when rainning and everyone left, the stadium was even louder.

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

I give our students alot of credit. Twelve years ago when I started at Tech, I was one of what seemed like just a handful of students at the game. Now the students pack it out and really get into the game. I now have seats on the West Side, and when the rain hit, our side cleared out, but the student section remained packed. Awesome Job!! I also walked down to Hideaway Park during tailgating and thought all the students tailgating was pretty awesome.

Bulldog thedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the ears

I'm sick of seeing Hakmi throw no-look dreams off his back foot hoping someone will catch it. That will never work.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

What other choice do we have? At least Hakmi can throw the ball downfield and not too nervous to play.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aan View Post
    Hakmi needs to work on his timing with WR, he will get there.

Agreed. While I was in town this week, I stopped by a practice as it was the only Dawg football I would see live and in person all year... :bigcry:

Cameron and Hakmi were taking all the snaps but for the short time I was there (30-40 minutes), I did not see Hakmi throw once in the scrimmage. Everytime he got the ball, he either handed off or took it himself. Once he does develop some timing with the receivers and gets game experience, I think he will be OK.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I'm baffled as to why we look like a different team each week. Last week, the guys who were prominently displayed in our offense were largely a whole different crew than the ones who played and got touches last night. Fitte gets a lot of touches one week, and then nothing the next. Harper gets a few catches one week and is nonexistent the next. Starting QB one week is benched after two series and replaced by a guy that we hadn't seen since A&M. Playcalling is one thing, but what in the hell are we doing personnel wise? You look at damn near every team from HS to the NFL, and the key skill position guys are relatively constant from week to week. We've played 4 games and it's like a completely different offense each week (although the playcalling is constant -- constantly crappy).

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I'm baffled as to why we look like a different team each week. Last week, the guys who were prominently displayed in our offense were largely a whole different crew than the ones who played and got touches last night. Fitte gets a lot of touches one week, and then nothing the next. Harper gets a few catches one week and is nonexistent the next. Starting QB one week is benched after two series and replaced by a guy that we hadn't seen since A&M. Playcalling is one thing, but what in the hell are we doing personnel wise? You look at damn near every team from HS to the NFL, and the key skill position guys are relatively constant from week to week. We've played 4 games and it's like a completely different offense each week (although the playcalling is constant -- constantly crappy).

So our conference foes cannot get a read on us. They do not know how to prepare for us. All part of the master plan. Going to blow through the rest of the games like a hurricane!! :icon_wink:

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I wish that were true... if it were, it would mean we actually have a plan.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dch028 View Post
    First of all I would like to note that I am showing my dedication by writing up my thoughts instead of studying!

This one is going to be shorter because I am honestly out of thoughts for how to fix this team this year. I have gotten to the point where I just want to see improvement each week, I think a bowl game is now out of the question.

I would like to first give a shout out to all of the students. We have all heard for so long how the students don't support the team and how this is a "suitcase" college and how everyone goes home on the weekends. For two weeks in a row now the students have not only packed out the student "section", more like the student side, and stayed to the very end even when the team looked dead for quarters at a time. We are into the cheers, we are loud, and we did a great job with the red out. Great job students!

To the game:

I have probably been Franklin's biggest defender on this board but tonight has me scratching my head. Lennon Creer with five carries? I also thought that Dykes pulled Cameron WAY too early.

We need some big possession receivers. We have the little quick fast guys that can run down the field but we don't have anyone I would feel comfortable throwing to in traffic on third and three. Besides pass rushers and linemen we need a big, strong, reliable receiver.

For a defense that only gave up 13 points it sure seems like they gave up a huge YPC average on the ground. USM got way too many yards on first down all night.

I want to call out the USM players for acting like they were hurt when they needed an extra couple of minutes to slow down our no huddle or to decide whether to punt or not, it was painfully obvious, no pun intended.

Heres to next week!

Top three most encouraging things:
    1. Student Section
    2. Victorian had a good game
    3. The rain was a blast to cheer in

Top three most disappointing things:
    1. After a better week last week, the offense regressed
    2. Rushing defense, again.
    3. Pass rush, again.

Go Dawgs!
    SD didn't have a choice, CC was horrible!!

+ Reply to Thread