+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ain't this the truth!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Ain't this the truth!

I have three dachshunds.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    I have three dachshunds.
    They are great for blood trailing deer.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I have three dachshunds.
    Ditto on the three weenie dogs... and 1 black lab.. I had a child earlier in life but I am now without and my wife of ten years and I have decided not to have children. I think that either with children or without your "general happiness" has more to do with you as an individual. This translates to your family, friends, and coworkers. I love owning my own business and my wife loves her job. I could easily be talked into early retirement however and have plans of doing just that. I hope to be (alive) and done with mandatory work no later that 50.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    They are great for blood trailing deer.

Ok, I know you are making fun of me, but I can assure you my babies are not going to blood trail ANYTHING. Are you sure you are not Dhuss masguerading as Maddawg?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think you are making an assumption that we don't have children because we want money. I suppose that may be the case for some, but I don't believe for most. Since I have never wanted children I do not feel the poorer for not having the bond that you experience. That is something you cherish, but I am perfectly happy living without. The strong love I have for my dogs is a very intense feeling for me. I could easily say if you do not have a dog, you are the poorer for it. That comes from my perspective of life, not necessarily yours. I am happy you have a fulfilled life because of your children, and thank goodness there are people who desire to have children, but please don't assume my life is diminished without them because I would not trade my life for yours.
    I have a dog. She's a rat terrier. She is part of the family. Have had other dogs...several for 12+ years that I had to bury. Wasn't a pleasant time.

You think it's the same as children?

You have made your decision and I am happy that you are happy. Some people that do have kids, never should have! They were not prepared and not capable of handling that awesome responsiblity. In your case, you probably made a reasoned decision and you are better off for it. God gives us what we can handle.

Best wishes to you!

+ Reply to Thread