+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CB Radio Usage

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

CB Radio Usage

When I was matriculating through LTU back in the Stone Ages, I use to ride to my family's homestead up in Junction City with one of the locals, who happened to be my roommate. He had a CB Radio, and the chatter back then was frequent and, at times, hilarious! On one occasion, we got the play by play of a feller who was going 10-200 up around Lillie, and got caught by the local authorities.

I know the truckers probably still use them, but what about the frequency of usage among the general public? I would imagine with the advent of cell phones, etc, it is becoming less frequent, but I thought I would pose the question anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: CB Radio Usage

Quote Originally Posted by latech80 View Post
    When I was matriculating through LTU back in the Stone Ages, I use to ride to my family's homestead up in Junction City with one of the locals, who happened to be my roommate. He had a CB Radio, and the chatter back then was frequent and, at times, hilarious! On one occasion, we got the play by play of a feller who was going 10-200 up around Lillie, and got caught by the local authorities.

I know the truckers probably still use them, but what about the frequency of usage among the general public? I would imagine with the advent of cell phones, etc, it is becoming less frequent, but I thought I would pose the question anyway.
    Negatory good buddy.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I had one back in high school. It has been a while.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    I had one back in high school. It has been a while.
    Two-stool beaver?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I had a whip antenna on my CB during my Tech days. Fred Dean pulled up next to me on California and asked me where I got that long antenna. I told him and the next day in the Hutcheson lot, Fred slides into his parking spot sporting not one, but two whip antennae on the back of his long gas guzzler.
    "Hey, Fred, you buy a CB radio, too?" I asked.
    "Naw, I just bought the whips!" he grins.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

So big ole mean Fred was just an "appliance operator"?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

whats a cb?

is that the thing i used to see on smokey and the bandit and dukes of hazzard when i was a kid?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Two-stool beaver?

Not exactly... But I did grow up close to Bernice. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post

Not exactly... But I did grow up close to Bernice. :icon_wink:
    If you grew up close to Bernice, then you could just imagine some of the conversations that took place at night in those parts. The thing is, it got funnier the closer you got to the state line.

Quote Originally Posted by latech80 View Post
    If you grew up close to Bernice, then you could just imagine some of the conversations that took place at night in those parts. The thing is, it got funnier the closer you got to the state line.
    No joke. I was thinking about putting my cb back in my truck just the other day. It would be nice to have when pulling my rv. It makes the trips just a little more interesting.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I had one a few years ago, and the conversation was still interesting.

I still have my Predator 10K antenna http://predator10kdiscountantennas.com/

I've been thinking about rigging it back up, since I drive to DFW every other week.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

To set the tone of the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5RI30RJIPk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    To set the tone of the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5RI30RJIPk
    I was expecting some C W McCall

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Date this thread was started?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Date this thread was started?
    10-4 good buddy! :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread