+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why not put your name on your profile

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Why not put your name on your profile

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i honestly don't remember why i removed my name from my profile a few years ago. doesn't matter, though. if you can't figure out my first name, you need help with more than just that. at least 7 1/2 people on this board know who i am. if anyone thinks they might know me, they can send me a private message. i just don't like a whole lot of personal information floating out there in the intarwebs for the whole world to see.

Due to my position, my name is all over the web and numerous web sites in the state - if you monitor your reports in a timely manner it can be managed with very little difficulty
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, everybody on here knows who I am already, but I also can't legally put my name out on here, because some stuff could easily have me fired... It's good to have a little internet anonymity as well sometimes, though you could probably still figure me out if you REALLY wanted to, because this isn't the only place where I use this username.

Perhaps if I get a new freakin' job, I won't have to hide myself as much.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

When I finally get out of the witness protection program, I will list my name! :icon_wink:

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Most of us are here because we love Tech. Why not put your names in your profiles so people know who you are. Some of you might be college classmates you haven't talked to in ages (well minus talking behind screen names or alter egos).

Is it because you want to feel like a real man and talk smack you wouldn't back up in person? Do you use language here that you wouldn't want people that REALLY know you to hear?

I would love to hear it from you folks who are the most vocal about why you hide.

Follow this link to edit your profile and add your name.
    No offense, but it's really none of your business who people are on here. Most people have legitimate reasons for not posting their names. It's not b/c they're hiding. If you don't want to put much stock in their posts b/c they don't have their name on here, that's up to you.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

My first name has been on here for years. It isn't hard to find out either. No offense to anyone here, but if anyone does takes offense to anything I ever say I will be happy to give you my address or phone number. The people that know me personally on here are friends, people that I have met from here or only online are acquaintances don't need anything other than my first name.

Varsity Bulldog raam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    No offense, but it's really none of your business who people are on here. Most people have legitimate reasons for not posting their names. It's not b/c they're hiding. If you don't want to put much stock in their posts b/c they don't have their name on here, that's up to you.

I would have to agree with you 100%. If you think you know me or maybe went to Tech together, PM me and we'll discuss it. If you choose not to believe anything I have to say because my name isn't on my profile well that's your choice. Just like it's my choice not to put it out there. Have a nice day and GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

This guy needs to man up! Who are you?

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Yep.
    What's the purpose of needing to know who people are anyway?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am okay knowing or not knowing. I realize some people are in a job that could endanger them being on here or posting certain things. I feel lucky that I am not in one of those positions. As long as my Board doesn't realize how much time I spend on here, I am fine.

I think it is only a problem when someone that we don't know the name or is new posts some "inside knowledge". We have no idea if we should believe them or not. That is a minor problem, though, since so many that we DO know post false information....

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I'm just a fan, no inside info comes from me.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I had to take my name off because DogtorEvil was stalking me.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

It just occurred to me I don't have to put my name on my profile. 75% of the time I'm referred to by my real name anyway instead of Dawgmatic.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I'm just a fan, no inside info comes from me.

Same here. But I can make something up if you like...

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    It just occurred to me I don't have to put my name on my profile. 75% of the time I'm referred to by my real name anyway instead of Dawgmatic.
    Well, your celebrity did precede you. :icon_wink:

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Well, your celebrity did precede you. :icon_wink:
    True. So true!

+ Reply to Thread