+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BLog Posted by Tom Aswell on Louisianavoice.com

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all

BLog Posted by Tom Aswell on Louisianavoice.com

Have any of you seen the blog posted by Tom Aswell, Ruston native, TECH graduate, on http://louisianavoice.com/ entitled "Louisiana Tech: delusions of football mediocrity" - some of you guys with the facts need to go post some accurate responses to his loose use of the facts about the funding of TECH athletics.

Info about Tom Aswell is at
    http://pelicanpub.com/products.asp?cat=36

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: BLog Posted by Tom Aswell on Louisianavoice.com

Quote Originally Posted by SportTechFan View Post
    Have any of you seen the blog posted by Tom Aswell, Ruston native, TECH graduate, on http://louisianavoice.com/ entitled "Louisiana Tech: delusions of football mediocrity" - some of you guys with the facts need to go post some accurate responses to his loose use of the facts about the funding of TECH athletics.

Info about Tom Aswell is at
    http://pelicanpub.com/products.asp?cat=36
    Wish I had time tonight...won't be a difficult task. His blog could only come from an SEC fan who thinks everybody else should "know their role"...not uncommon in our backwards state.

You could actually rebut most of what he says with a simple list. I'd start mine off like this:

Louisville
    Texas Tech
    Boise State (long "inferior" to state king Idaho)
    Auburn
    USF

That's a good enough start.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Who is this clown and why do I care about his blog?

Sounds like your classic 45 year old Tech grad that thinks his alma mater is small time and pulls for LSU...

....Oh wait, he is! And his writing is horrible. What a no talent ass clown. And he did this for a living? Really?

Thank God we're presently creating more Tech graduate fans per capita than ever before. This archaic view of in-state athletics needs to just die off already.

...I really need to start a blog.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Wish I had time tonight...won't be a difficult task. His blog could only come from an SEC fan who thinks everybody else should "know their role"...not uncommon in our backwards state.

You could actually rebut most of what he says with a simple list. I'd start mine off like this:

Louisville
    Texas Tech
    Boise State (long "inferior" to state king Idaho)
    Auburn
    USF

That's a good enough start.

And his kind of thinking is a big part of the problem.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    And his kind of thinking is a big part of the problem.
    Not to mention the millions and millions and millions of tax payer dollars that were used over several decades to create the LSU machine. A drop in the bucket compared to Tech's GF transfers.

And these GF transfers wouldn't even exist if Big Brother would allow student fees for athletics.

I have a lot of respect for LSU graduates that pull for their school. I have absolutely no respect for this type of good ol' boy idiot. Boooy howdy get back in the Southland son remember them state fair games against Nortwestern? Tell ya what ol' Tech needs to get back in there.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Who is this clown and why do I care about his blog?

Sounds like your classic 45 year old Tech grad that thinks his alma mater is small time and pulls for LSU...

....Oh wait, he is! And his writing is horrible. What a no talent ass clown. And he did this for a living? Really?

Thank God we're presently creating more Tech graduate fans per capita than ever before. This archaic view of in-state athletics needs to just die off already.

...I really need to start a blog.
    With all due respect, Butch Aswell can dance circles around your writing. He's just spent too long in Baton Rouge . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    With all due respect, Butch Aswell can dance circles around your writing. He's just spent too long in Baton Rouge . . . .
    Butch...oh sorry I thought that said Bitch Aswell. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'm not offended. A no-armed blind wildebeest can dance circles around my writing. Teatech dances circles around my writing.

But his form is poor compared to most others I've read that do this stuff for a living. It just is.

Guessin ol Tom was a buddy of yours from back in the journalism dept days, huh?
    Last edited by CChandler; 10-05-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

So he shows that Grambling and ULM have the same problem we do by General Fund Transfers. So being in the WAC is irrelevant to his argument. We seem to always be the target of these types of articles. Fact is athletics are important to universities. Exhibit A is SLU, who had dropped football several years ago, only to realize that it was a major mistake. They have restarted their program. Also, many of the FCS schools are moving up around the country. So the economics would seem to indicate that there is value in moving "up". The problem is not with TECH, but with archaic funding laws that were meant to make sure that schools like TECH or even ULL would not leave other sister schools behind, and to keep us in place beneath LSU.

I feel like I am rambling, but this crap always irritates me. This is the drawback of the type of seasons we are having over the last few years. Where was this article in the late 90's? Wasn't there, but let us slide, and goobers like this can't wait to put us in our place. This is why we need to put consistent winners on the field. Hell, a consistent winner in any sport would help right now.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dj95 View Post
    So he shows that Grambling and ULM have the same problem we do by General Fund Transfers. So being in the WAC is irrelevant to his argument. We seem to always be the target of these types of articles. Fact is athletics are important to universities. Exhibit A is SLU, who had dropped football several years ago, only to realize that it was a major mistake. They have restarted their program. Also, many of the FCS schools are moving up around the country. So the economics would seem to indicate that there is value in moving "up". The problem is not with TECH, but with archaic funding laws that were meant to make sure that schools like TECH or even ULL would not leave other sister schools behind, and to keep us in place beneath LSU.

I feel like I am rambling, but this crap always irritates me. This is the drawback of the type of seasons we are having over the last few years. Where was this article in the late 90's? Wasn't there, but let us slide, and goobers like this can't wait to put us in our place. This is why we need to put consistent winners on the field. Hell, a consistent winner in any sport would help right now.
    At least we can put LSUseless in their place somewhat by watching the Techsters visit Baton Rouge to stomp that ass! You know I'll be there! I wish we were playin' them in men's basketball too...

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Who in the heck is Tom Aswell?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    Who in the heck is Tom Aswell?
    My thoughts exactly.

We are worried about what some jackass nobody says about us???

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

This might be an attempt to drive more traffic to his blog. I'm pretty sure I've never heard of this guy, and I am not the only one. It's an old trick to stir up some controversy and get more traffic to your pathetic blog that no one reads.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine someone writing this back in 2001:

"Boise State will never be a big time football team. The Broncos will never attract enough fans to justify trying to play on the same field with perennial Top 10 powerhouses; the program will never generate sufficient revenue to justify remaining in a conference where the nearest member team is 335 miles away and the furthest a staggering 2,800 miles from home. It’s just bad economics to believe otherwise.
    It’s time to downsize. The expectations of moving up to compete with football’s elite were unrealistic. They still are."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    This might be an attempt to drive more traffic to his blog. I'm pretty sure I've never heard of this guy, and I am not the only one. It's an old trick to stir up some controversy and get more traffic to your pathetic blog that no one reads.
    Well, he sure went a long way to alienate a bunch of us I am sure. I know he convinced me never to visit his site.

+ Reply to Thread