+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The feminization of America continues

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The feminization of America continues

Sheeesh!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-274799

The Super Ants didn't care about size. The bigger they are...the harder they fall. They land with a loud thud!

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Re: The feminization of America continues

i think this shows the difference of football between the south/southwest and the northeast. you would never hear of a team forfeitting down here because the were undersized. we were taught to go in and give it 110% no matter who you were playing. i, for one, would be pissed if my coach/administration called our game because they thought we would get hurt playing the other team.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I heard this story on the radio this morning on the way to work, and I absolutely can't believe it. The reasons they gave were that the other kids were bigger and that five of their players had already received scholarships to D-1 schools. This is a case where someone should be fired.

GIANT FAILURE by the adults in charge of this situation. Sports teaches kids a lot of lessons about life, and this coach has sent the absolute wrong message. Having been a losing team last year and starting out at 2-0 this year gives the coach an opportunity to teach these kids about perseverence and teamwork. That's great. What if this team had pulled the upset victory? On the radio, they also mentioned that this is a rivalry game. One of the best things about rivalry games is playing the game, regardless of who wins. That is also taken away from the players.

Telling them that it's okay to quit because the other kids are bigger than you is inexcusable. What a joke. And, the coach's comment completely misses the issue at hand.

"People don't understand what schools like St. George's are all about. Our students are into much more than athletics. Athletic success is so secondary in a place like this.''

Are you kidding me? Teaching your kids that it's okay to not have a competitive attitude about a competeitve event is secondary? What if the debate team did this because the kids at the other schools had already received scholarships to Ivy League schools? It would be the same thing, but would they react the same way? And, now they are trying to argue that it should not be classified as a forfeit? Please...

On another note, it reminds me of the LHSAA taking down Evangel a few years ago. I don't have any huge love for Evangel, but the adults had a problem acting like adults because Evangel was beating their teams. The adults in this case are not acting like adults, and they are sending a horrible message to these kids. Someone needs to be fired.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    i think this shows the difference of football between the south/southwest and the northeast. you would never hear of a team forfeitting down here because the were undersized. we were taught to go in and give it 110% no matter who you were playing. i, for one, would be pissed if my coach/administration called our game because they thought we would get hurt playing the other team.
    In 2005, when Evangel was exiled to Class 1A after the "majority-vote-approval-to-play-up" rule (ie, the Evangel/John Curtis Rule) was adopted by the LHSAA, Cotton Valley forfeited rather than step on the field with Evangel.

So it has happened here.

I thought it was pansy bush-league then, and do now. I believe they did actually play the game the very next year. Evangel won 65-0, but no Cotton Valley players got hurt, to my knowledge.

I think the very next year, Cotton Valley dropped football because, even dressing out sixth graders, they couldn't get 12 players together.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    On another note, it reminds me of the LHSAA taking down Evangel a few years ago. I don't have any huge love for Evangel, but the adults had a problem acting like adults because Evangel was beating their teams. The adults in this case are not acting like adults, and they are sending a horrible message to these kids. Someone needs to be fired.
    But...but...but...the big mean private schools win all the trophies and can recruit all the best athletes and give them scholarships and...and... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! :bigcry:

Meanwhile, West Monroe sucks up every blue-chip athlete in North Louisiana, at will (Bradie James, Mitch Tucker, Chase Bostick, D.J. Banks, etc., etc., etc.)

Nothing to see here, move along.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
    In 2005, when Evangel was exiled to Class 1A after the "majority-vote-approval-to-play-up" rule (ie, the Evangel/John Curtis Rule) was adopted by the LHSAA, Cotton Valley forfeited rather than step on the field with Evangel.

So it has happened here.

I thought it was pansy bush-league then, and do now. I believe they did actually play the game the very next year. Evangel won 65-0, but no Cotton Valley players got hurt, to my knowledge.

I think the very next year, Cotton Valley dropped football because, even dressing out sixth graders, they couldn't get 12 players together.

During my senior year of high school I can remember hearing that Cotton Valley only had like 15-20 players.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

So it has happened here.

i stand corrected. thank you jetstorm. i knew a lot of people had a problem with evangel playing up but didn't know they had someone forfeit when they were moved back down.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I just can't stop thinking about this story. I agree with the coach quoted at the end of the story, who said that this is a black eye for the whole league.

For the coach who said that athletic success is secondary, I wonder if he even understands what he said. Is that all he thinks of his role in these kids' lives? Does he not understand that it's his obligation as a coach to help these players become successful? Does he understand that he can teach them to be successful regardless of the game's outcome or the size of the opposing players? If that is all he thinks of himself and his role, then he has NO business being a coach.

I wonder if any parents have complained about this or if they agree with the decision. This whole thing is bush-league.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

You gotta go play the game, take your beating, and walk off the field taking some pride in the fact you tried. There's always a chance you can win, unless you forfeit.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

But...but...but...the big mean private schools win all the trophies and can recruit all the best athletes and give them scholarships and...and... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! :bigcry:

Meanwhile, West Monroe sucks up every blue-chip athlete in North Louisiana, at will (Bradie James, Mitch Tucker, Chase Bostick, D.J. Banks, etc., etc., etc.)

Nothing to see here, move along.
    You know of any who have gone to WM not following the rules?

Banks lived in WM when he went to St.Fred so he's not a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You know of any who have gone to WM not following the rules?

Banks lived in WM when he went to St.Fred so he's not a good example.
    I think there was a big dust-up over Bradie James leaving Wossman after theree years, to play his senior year at West Monroe. That's the only one I remember hearing about. Evangel had many more contested players, some of whom were ruled ineligible.

I thought that changing the rule was dumb, because the Catholic schools in South Louisiana have been operating that way for decades.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I think there was a big dust-up over Bradie James leaving Wossman after theree years, to play his senior year at West Monroe. That's the only one I remember hearing about. Evangel had many more contested players, some of whom were ruled ineligible.

I thought that changing the rule was dumb, because the Catholic schools in South Louisiana have been operating that way for decades.
    James' deal was a dust-up because Wossman raised hell. He moved to WM which is allowed under the rules.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Didn't Larry Wright play a game or two at OPHS his senior year then play the last 11 or so at WMHS. It may have been "legal" but it damn sure wasn't right.

TB

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I played on a baseketball team on the bad side of a 198-34 whipping by W.O Boston. We were already a bad team, but several of our starters were booted for the game for drinking. Then, our only remaining senior refused to play. W.O. Boston's coach was known for running up huge scores.

At halftime, we were down 98-4. I was scoreless in the first half. My dad, who never before nor ever again interferred with our coaches or with me during a game, came down from the stands and told me if I didn't play with all I had, I would be walking home. That was 60 miles through a marsh.

We got the hell beat out of us, but I did get 24 points in the second half. I was completely drained of all energy. However, I did contest several shots by David Lawrence and Mayo with time running out, that had one of them gone in, would have given them 200. Lawrence was 6-10.

Small victory, but I will tell you that I grew up some that day. The rest of the story is that Marion, who was second place in our district that year ended up beating W.O. Boston in the state finals that year. W.O. Boston refused to accept their second place trophy.

I guess what I'm getting at with this long story is that I think you can learn a lot in an ass whipping. Don't sit back and take it. Play the game and fight like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    James' deal was a dust-up because Wossman raised hell. He moved to WM which is allowed under the rules.
    That's true. The same way a lot of kids in Shreveport / Bossier moved to the Evangel district.

+ Reply to Thread