+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Options for Cable TV in Ruston

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Options for Cable TV in Ruston

Are there any options besides suddenlink? I'm coming back to Tech for grad school in the winter, and I'll be living off campus for the first time. I don't plan on being around for two years, so satallite's off the table and I'd like to avoid suddenlink if at all possible.

Thanks!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Options for Cable TV in Ruston

Nah. Suddenlink is your only cable option. What don't you like about them?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Cable is a monopoly like the phone company use to be. I've never lived where there was an option.

You're stuck with Suddenlink...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    Cable is a monopoly like the phone company use to be. I've never lived where there was an option.

You're stuck with Suddenlink...
    Blame the city or local government in charge of monitoring the contract.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

I'm just weighing my options, or lack thereof. We had suddenlink on campus, and I've never been satisfied with their channel lineup or picture quality. I put up with it, because I wasn't (at least directly) paying for it. Now that it's coming out of my pocket, I'm a little more picky. Back home in Ascension, we at least have Cox and Eatel from which to chose.

Since they don't list it on their site, is the price for extended basic reasonable?

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Satellite can move with you wherever you go, but that also means you can't get out of the contract because you move. I've got Dish for TV and Suddenlink for internet.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

If you want HD network channels, Suddenlink is your ONLY option unless you have a 1000 foot tall antenna to pick up Monroe or Shreveport over the air. Suddenlink's internet used to suck, it rocks now.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

JFord, you can now get Monroe locals in HD with Dish. For most people it requires a new dish, but it's well worth it. Just got mine last week, and the Saints look so much better on Sundays!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    JFord, you can now get Monroe locals in HD with Dish. For most people it requires a new dish, but it's well worth it. Just got mine last week, and the Saints look so much better on Sundays!
    WOW... that's huge.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

should be a prohibited comment on anything

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    should be a prohibited comment on anything
    I found that animated gif, and had to set myself up to use it.

Thanks guys! It looks like it'll be either Suddenlink or Dish. I have quite a few more things to get in order before coming to a final decision though.

I've been working with the oil spill response since three days after I graduated in May. I'd be happy never to see Fourchon again. I am definitely looking forward to coming back!

+ Reply to Thread