+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama Care Found Constitutional - We live in a state of tyranny

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Re: Obama Care Found Constitutional - We live in a state of tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Maybe just the opposite.

Did you hear Pelosi say that for every $1.00 spent in food stamps, $1.79 is put back into the economy?!

If we just put everyone on food stamps, the government would create about 4 Trillion extra dollars for the economy!
    Sounds like trickle up economics

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Obamacare has been upheld by a Michigan Federal District Court. The original opinion is here.

Our government is clearly ruling against the will of the people. The Federalist Papers make it clear that there may be times that two of the three branches will try to usurp the power of the people, but rarely will all three. In that case, we have to throw the bastards out. This is actual language from the opinion:
    Of course, there are appeals, but the language in the opinion that says that merely because we have bodies means that we must engage in interstate commerce and therefore our bodies are subject to federal control means we are now slaves of the federal government. A government this arrogant must go.
    Who cares. All you can do is sit down, shut up, and pay those taxes like a good little communist resident.

At the end of the day, we'll realize we like big brother.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    They just banned soft drinks from Food Stamp recipients. If you have Food Stamps, you cannot use them to buy a Coke, Pepsi, etc...

I wonder if when they control our Health Care they will also ban soft drinks for all of us?
    I actually don't have a problem with this for FS recipients. Soft drinks are a luxury item, they are not necessary for life.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

While I don't approve of the food stamp program at all, I don't believe we should regulate their conduct. If we are going to give them the damned money, let the buy what they want. Regulating conduct just doesn't work.

When we banned alcohol, people kept drinking. All we succeeded in doing was to create a strong mafia and crime gangs. Now, we are banning drugs, and we get drug cartels. I was in criminal court in Union Parish yesterday. The courtroom was jam packed. Almost all of it was drug related. We aren't going to stop people from taking drugs. We cannot regulate conduct. I doesn't work.

Trust me, the food stamp people are going to get their soft drinks, and they are going to use our money to buy them. We can't stop it.
    If it stops half of the people that is better than what is going on now. I would love to see a ton of restrictions on what they can buy with FS. I am always amazed at the poor choices when I see someone paying with FS. The cuts of meat are way better than what I buy, but the junk purchased is scary. Fresh fruits and vegetables seem to be a very foreign concept to many. Of course I am generalizing as someone will point out, but a few more restrictions can't hurt anything in my book.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I actually don't have a problem with this for FS recipients. Soft drinks are a luxury item, they are not necessary for life.
    I see it differently. Either we are giving them the money or we are not. I don't believe in trying to control the conduct of another. It never works, and it is a further erosion of our freedoms.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    If it stops half of the people
    Just because we give somebody money, does that make us God? Of course, not. It is charity. What they do with it is between the person receiving it and God.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Just because we give somebody money, does that make us God? Of course, not. It is charity. What they do with it is between the person receiving it and God.

So would you be for looking into what the Red Cross does with money it recieves? Or shoud we hold them and other charitable organizations to the same standard as you said above?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

But now:

Federal Judge Allows Suit Against Health Care Law to Proceed

• AP
    • URGENT: Multi-state lawsuit against the federal health care law will go forward, after a federal judge in Florida rejects the Obama administration's request to dismiss the case. | VIDEO

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

And the summary judgment hearing in Virginia's lawsuit against the nobama health control folly takes place Monday morning. It may not take long to get a ruling of unconstitutional from that one.

And I would expect it to take only one ruling of unconstitutional to get enactment of all provisions of the law stayed. If any part of the folly is unconstitutional, then the whole bill gets struck down.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    But now:

Federal Judge Allows Suit Against Health Care Law to Proceed

• AP
    • URGENT: Multi-state lawsuit against the federal health care law will go forward, after a federal judge in Florida rejects the Obama administration's request to dismiss the case. | VIDEO
    This was expected. The problem with the Michigan decision was that a federal judge could believe that are bodies are interstate commerce. Scary stuff. We may lose the battle in the courts, but I sure hope the ultimate opinion is written better.

+ Reply to Thread