+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: incomplete pass rule

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

incomplete pass rule

I though a horizontal pass is incomplete as in the fake field goal which the whole world new was coming except florida. but i can't find a definition talking about the horizontal pass. Anyone?

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Re: incomplete pass rule

I hate LSU probably as much as anyone on this board, but the rule is if it is perpendicular or back then it is a lateral that can be picked up and advanced. Looking at the replay, unfortunately I would have to say it was dead on perpendicular and therefore could be picked up and advanced.

I wish I could say that Florida got screwed, but they did not...don't worry, this is a good thing, the longer Les Miles is the coach down there, the better for us!

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    I hate LSU probably as much as anyone on this board, but the rule is if it is perpendicular or back then it is a lateral that can be picked up and advanced. Looking at the replay, unfortunately I would have to say it was dead on perpendicular and therefore could be picked up and advanced.

I wish I could say that Florida got screwed, but they did not
    ok thanks, and i don't know I think i hate them more than anyone in this world, and I am a huge florida fan. not a good night for me. But Tech won!

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could say that Florida got screwed, but they did not
    I agree. The pitch/pass/throw/whatever you want to call it looked completely perpendicular. The way the fake field goal went down was another example of my Lucky Horseshoe Theory.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I wish I could say that Florida got screwed, but they did not....don't worry, this is a good thing, the longer that Les Miles is the coach down there, the better for us!
    Yep. He's should rack up just enough W's to keep his job, but just enough to stay out of the national limelight at the end of the season. As long as I get to keep seeing his poor, confused face on the sidelines in purple and yellow I'll still have something to laugh at.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

LSU should buy lots of lottery tickets -- they are some lucky SOBs.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

How is that pass/pitch any different than all screen passes that are dropped on a horizontal line and ruled incomplete?

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Technically if its perfectly perpendicular, it's not. However a fake field goal is more likely to get reviewed by replay than a 2nd down and 7 screen pass that is perpendicular and called incomplete.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

don't worry, this is a good thing, the longer Les Miles is the coach down there, the better for us!
    How does Les Miles having a long tenure at LSU have any effect on Tech?

Big Dog aan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her game

As much as I dislike lsu I think that was a lateral, perpendicular or however it's called. That closing drive was very ballsy.

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    This board kills me...ok I'll play along.....hopefully we play LSU again while the Mad Hatter is still their coach. Any questions?

We must have a lot of lawyers that post here

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The replay booth got it right...ball had to go forward to be called an incomplete pass. It didn't so it was a lateral.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I wish I could say that Florida got screwed, but they did not...don't worry, this is a good thing, the longer Les Miles is the coach down there, the better for us!
    I used to feel that way, but I'm starting to feel that if he is going to continue to be so successful despite his painfully obvious ineptitude, it's not really benefiting us.

What might be better would be if the rumour about a minimum number of wins guaranteeing his contract were true, and he were only able to squeak out that many wins each year, keeping his team out of the top 25 and out of B(c)$ bowls. The lucky streak they are on this year (and with Alabama falling today) could back them into another title game.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    I would certainly rather have a lucky buffoon who will get his one day coaching in Baton Rouge instead of a potential Hall of Fame coach.

Have no fear, Auburn, Bama, Arkansas and Bowl opponent will probably have their way with them

+ Reply to Thread