+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: incomplete pass rule

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: incomplete pass rule

It's either (1) a lateral or
    (2) incomplete forward pass.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    Have no fear, Auburn, Bama, Arkansas and Bowl opponent will probably have their way with them
    I'm putting my money on Auburn and Arkansas. Newton and Mallet are a league above Jefferson/Lee, and they both get LSU at home.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I agree. The pitch/pass/throw/whatever you want to call it looked completely perpendicular. The way the fake field goal went down was another example of my Lucky Horseshoe Theory.
    Florida should have been prepared for it.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm putting my money on Auburn and Arkansas. Newton and Mallet are a league above Jefferson/Lee, and they both get LSU at home.
    LSU's defense will keep them in every game, how many they win will depend on their offense.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    Have no fear, Auburn, Bama, Arkansas and Bowl opponent will probably have their way with them
    And last week I would have had Florida in the Swamp on that list.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

You could tell from week 1 that Florida would be lucky to be in the top half of the SEC.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

so here's my question, and this has nothing to do with LSU, but its always bugged me.

the holder's knee is down. he's on the ground. he's down. how can he throw a pass? every fake field goal ever has had me questioning this. in this case of course it wasn't a pass, but it happens in other games every year.

and, if he's not down because his knee was down before the snap, if you were to throw the ball on a flanker screen to a wideout that stays on his knee from before snap to after, is he down? If he is, then why isn't a holder?

someone clear this up.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    so here's my question, and this has nothing to do with LSU, but its always bugged me.

the holder's knee is down. he's on the ground. he's down. how can he throw a pass? every fake field goal ever has had me questioning this. in this case of course it wasn't a pass, but it happens in other games every year.

and, if he's not down because his knee was down before the snap, if you were to throw the ball on a flanker screen to a wideout that stays on his knee from before snap to after, is he down? If he is, then why isn't a holder?

someone clear this up.
    From the NCAA Rule Book:

Ball Declared Dead

RULE 4, SECTION 1, ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle
    or declare it dead:

b.When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot, touches
    the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses
    possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his
    body, except his hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when
    an offensive player has simulated a kick or is in position to kick the ball
    held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule] (A.R. 4-1-3-I).

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post

someone clear this up.
    He had his fingers crossed.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread