+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints vs Ariz

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Saints vs Ariz

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I still think that outside of BSU and Oregon, the spread is dying a slow death. It worked for the Saints for a few years, but it is being figured out now. Even with Reggie, they still had trouble moving the ball. Brees was used to having at least 2 options as a safety valve last year. This year he has none because they are all being covered.
    Really? I thought the Saints offense last year was much better than the few years before that with the same style of offense. Not to mention, it is not a traditional spread. Anyway, I just dont think the O is playing that well. What are we doing against Arizona? Hey offense, just dont screw up and we will win this one, and we basically give them 3 defensive TD's. If you would have told me we would hold Wells and Hightower to 40 yards on the ground, I say Arizona would have been lucky to churn out 10 points and we would have won. Well, their O scored 9 and we gave them the other 21. Brees is not himself this year so far.

That being said, we are 3-2 (should have been 4-1). So, I am not hitting the panic button yet. Anyone remember how bad teh Giants looked in week 3? Yeh, I didnt think so after two dominating performances over the last couple of weeks.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Really? I thought the Saints offense last year was much better than the few years before that with the same style of offense. Not to mention, it is not a traditional spread. Anyway, I just dont think the O is playing that well. What are we doing against Arizona? Hey offense, just dont screw up and we will win this one, and we basically give them 3 defensive TD's. If you would have told me we would hold Wells and Hightower to 40 yards on the ground, I say Arizona would have been lucky to churn out 10 points and we would have won. Well, their O scored 9 and we gave them the other 21. Brees is not himself this year so far.

That being said, we are 3-2 (should have been 4-1). So, I am not hitting the panic button yet. Anyone remember how bad teh Giants looked in week 3? Yeh, I didnt think so after two dominating performances over the last couple of weeks.

You could be right. I think you have to consider the fact that the Saints were really the first team to go completely to the opposite end from the pro sets we are used to seeing. The Colts do run a similar run and shoot style. Miami had the wild fish or whatever you wanna call it. I am not convinced that the Saints didn't just get everything right for almost and entire year and ride that to a championship. I think they are still very good and will be better when everyone is back from injury. I just don't think they will be able to take people by surprise anymore.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Drew Brees' wife needs to have her baby today.

Bulldog Dawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Dawg87_wp's Avatar

@ the start of the season, I was thinking 9-7 & missing the playoffs. I hope they make 9-7. Atlanta seems to have the Saints lucky streak from last year, but no real dominant team in the NFC (maybe Chicago or GB). I would hate to face the Ravens or Steelers in the AFC which the Saints do this year. They have to take these next 2 for sure.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

When Pierre Thomas returns, that should help a lot.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    When Pierre Thomas returns, that should help a lot.
    And Bush and Sharper and Porter and Smith and Reis and Young and......

Saw this today, "Ivory and Betts had 26 yards on 5 receptions. When was the last time Bush and Thomas combined for only 26 yards receiving? Has that EVER happened?
    We really miss them in the passing game.. especially inside the 20."

+ Reply to Thread