+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Team

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: America's Team

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly! That's the way it is here in E.Texas. Two of the bandwagon cowgirl fans in my office said exactly that this morning, "Well I guess I'll pull for the Rangers now".
    And I guarantee it's the same in bandwagon N.La.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I'm not questioning your loyalty to the Saints, but why do you hate on the Cowboys so much? Hard to be humble after the Saints one their only superbowl to date I guess.

Hate to break it to you but most women are band wagon sports fans (if you can even call them sports fans). My future wife would root for the Akron Zips if that was my team. I hope someday we have band wagon fans because that means we will have had sustained success.

These were guys/males that stated it. Oh and the J. Jones/cowgirl thing goes back to Jones, coming down from Arkansas, and his poor treatment of Landry and his staff as well as a lawsuit between my company and JJ over his breach of a CA which we won in the court and in arbitration. BTW, he still didn't disclose all of his violations could have really been hammered by the Feds for lying to the court if my Pres at the time wasn't a puss and enamored by JJ. The guy, business wise, is a snake and he's surrounded himself with snakes. And his treatmant of the old cowboy legends was terrible IMHO. I will say he's come a long way to right his past wrongs per these guys. But some of them are long gone.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-27-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I'm not questioning your loyalty to the Saints, but why do you hate on the Cowboys so much? Hard to be humble after the Saints one their only superbowl to date I guess.

Hate to break it to you but most women are band wagon sports fans (if you can even call them sports fans). My future wife would root for the Akron Zips if that was my team. I hope someday we have band wagon fans because that means we will have had sustained success.

Now thanks for making me use up my milestone post on this subject. I was hoping #1,000 would be a comment on a Boise State ass whooping but no such luck.
    I know the Boys fans like to blow on the Saints about their only Super Bowl now, but I believe the Boys only have one Super Bowl victory during the era of fair play (salary cap era). I am just saying.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I know the Boys fans like to blow on the Saints about their only Super Bowl now, but I believe the Boys only have one Super Bowl victory during the era of fair play (salary cap era). I am just saying.
    I'm not a Saints hater, I actually root for them as long as they're not playing the Cowboys. I grew up in the Dallas area so they are my hometown team. You are right about the salary cap era and i'm sure there is a strong correlation. I'm pretty sure the Yankees would not have had such dominance had there been a cap in baseball.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Very few Cowboys fans are Saints 'haters'. 99% of the Cowboys fans in this country are completely ambivalent towards the Saints, and probably all of them were cheering for New Orleans in last season's Superbowl. Cowboys fans do not 'hate' the Saints. There is no rivalry. Its the Saints fans with the chip on their shoulder that not even a Superbowl victory can remove.

This is like a Jacksonville Jaguars fan stating that the Saints fans hate them. No they don't. Why would they? There is no rivalry.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Very few Cowboys fans are Saints 'haters'. 99% of the Cowboys fans in this country are completely ambivalent towards the Saints, and probably all of them were cheering for New Orleans in last season's Superbowl. Cowboys fans do not 'hate' the Saints. There is no rivalry. Its the Saints fans with the chip on their shoulder that not even a Superbowl victory can remove.

This is like a Jacksonville Jaguars fan stating that the Saints fans hate them. No they don't. Why would they? There is no rivalry.
    Correct, the "no super bowl" or "one super bowl" that I have seen Cowboys' fans use is usually in response to a Saint's fan on this forum talking smack about the Boys. I was just pointing out that we both each have one salary cap Super Bowl win, which is a nice defense if I may say so myself. Pre-salary cap, small budget and small thinking Saints never stood a chance against a juggernaut like the Boys.

I dont really hate the Boys, but I do not like Jerry Jones. He is just a gigantic douche, impossible to like.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really hate the Boys, but I do not like Jerry Jones. He is just a gigantic douche, impossible to like.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

OK, that's a ridiculous argument. Pre salary cap, there was a long period where there was no free agency at all. Thus, much more fair play. And the Cowboys won 2 SB's in that time. And the Boys have never built around free agency. In fact, had it not been for the free agency/salary cap system making it impossible to keep their home grown players, they'd probably have won 3 consecutive SBs in the 90s.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I grew up in Shreveport and I hate the plowboys because they were crammed down our throats every Sunday. When they came out with the "america's team" idiocy, it just increased my dislike. Then when JJ took over, the transition to satan's own was complete.

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I grew up in Shreveport and I hate the plowboys because they were crammed down our throats every Sunday. When they came out with the "america's team" idiocy, it just increased my dislike. Then when JJ took over, the transition to satan's own was complete.

illustration for TEXAS MONTHLY
    October 2001

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post

You can keep trying but it aint working.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    OK, that's a ridiculous argument. Pre salary cap, there was a long period where there was no free agency at all. Thus, much more fair play. And the Cowboys won 2 SB's in that time. And the Boys have never built around free agency. In fact, had it not been for the free agency/salary cap system making it impossible to keep their home grown players, they'd probably have won 3 consecutive SBs in the 90s.
    This statement confuses me. So, the salary cap didnt matter, but if it werent for it, the Boys would have won more SBs? So, it did matter. I thought no free agency allowed teams to under pay players and tell them take it or leave it (a la Andre Dawson in baseball, collussion between teams), or you are able to hold on to all of your players unchallenged. So, from your own statement free agency/salary cap did hurt the Cowboys. Just because they were home grown doesnt mean anything. It just means they drafted well and were able to hold on to all of their good players without being challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    This statement confuses me. So, the salary cap didnt matter, but if it werent for it, the Boys would have won more SBs? So, it did matter. I thought no free agency allowed teams to under pay players and tell them take it or leave it (a la Andre Dawson in baseball, collussion between teams), or you are able to hold on to all of your players unchallenged. So, from your own statement free agency/salary cap did hurt the Cowboys. Just because they were home grown doesnt mean anything. It just means they drafted well and were able to hold on to all of their good players without being challenged.
    Thanks! If I would have posted that it would be labeled cowgirl hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Thanks! If I would have posted that it would be labeled cowgirl hate speech.
    Rather you are the victim of free agency or the recipient, it all helps for competitive balance.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Look at those goal posts move.

So fairness is about how they treat players? We still aren't there then.

I thought you were referring to fair competition between teams. Pre-free agency was a very fair competitive system. Draft well, trade well, coach well, and you win.

I didn't say anything about the salary cap not mattering. I said it didn't create a fair playing field. The NFL's salary cap/free agency system--which really started affecting things in '94 by the way, after the Boys had won SB 3 and 4, was originally implemented with too small of a cap. It meant that competent teams, who drafted well, couldn't keep the players they drafted once they started rolling into FA. That happened to the Cowboys in '94--they didn't have room to resign some really talented guys. Eventually, the cap rose to a level that it had less impact in that area, but it really created a weird kind of backwards-MLB effect for several years.

Competitive balance and fairness are not the same--unless you've gone over to the Obama camp of thinking.

Bulldog Dawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Dawg87_wp's Avatar

Yesterday, I was driving home w/the radio on. The announcers were talking about Game #1 between the Giants & Rangers and how the Giants couldn't handle the Rangers bats & Cliff Lee. They were, also, joking that Jerry Jones had stopped by to wish the Rangers luck & hoped that the Cowboys funk didn't rub off on them. Oh well!

+ Reply to Thread