+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Baseball Roster

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

2011 Baseball Roster

The 2011 baseball roster has been updated for those interested in an early glimpse. Note some of the returning medical redshirters.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...asebl-mtt.html

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: 2011 Baseball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    The 2011 baseball roster has been updated for those interested in an early glimpse. Note some of the returning medical redshirters.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...asebl-mtt.html
    Got to get down to 35. So by my count, 6 of those guys will be gone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Lots of Ouachita Parish guys on there.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Like to see the names of some locals on our list instead of that juco to the east or the CC to the south.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    It is all Sims fault, FIRE HIM NOW!!!
    Just wanted to beat the rush before spring gets here.

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I believe Fairbanks is out again for this season. A few of those freshman will probably be redshirted.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Dawg View Post
    I believe Fairbanks is out again for this season. A few of those freshman will probably be redshirted.
    Doesn't matter if they're redshirted or not. You can only have 35 on the team. They can redshirt by not being a part of the program, which means no practicing. Bottom line, six of those guys are gone before the start of the season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Anybody know what happened to Jamelle Clements? I know he didn't have a great career, but he did pitch in 11 games last year and had two more years of eligibility. He's one of the few guys that I see didn't return from last year.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Anybody know what happened to Jamelle Clements? I know he didn't have a great career, but he did pitch in 11 games last year and had two more years of eligibility. He's one of the few guys that I see didn't return from last year.
    He and a few others ahd their scholarships cut at the end of last year. I guess he decided not to come back as a walk-on.

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Doesn't matter if they're redshirted or not. You can only have 35 on the team. They can redshirt by not being a part of the program, which means no practicing. Bottom line, six of those guys are gone before the start of the season.
    So are you saying that anyone who is injured or red shirted counts towards the 35 man roster?

So are you saying that anyone who is injured or red shirted counts towards the 35 man roster?
    Yes. 35 on the roster.... 25 can travel to away games. All 35 can dress out for home games.

Bulldog Dawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Dawg87_wp's Avatar

To the powers that be, I for one would love to attend a tournament or game in S'port with Tech represented. They could coordinate it w/Centenary &/or Northwestern as well. I'm sure some Big 10 programs would love to come down for a little warmer weather.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Yes. 35 on the roster.... 25 can travel to away games. All 35 can dress out for home games.
    A slight clarification if you please: all scholarship players (27 I believe) and 8 additional players make up the 35 man roster. A scholarship player can be redshirted and it will count toward the 35 man roster. Any one or all six of the remaining walk-on players (41 total players at this time for us) can also be redshirted but not count towards the 35 man roster. Once these six players (or so) have been redshirted, they must clean out their lockers and cannot participate with the team until the next falls practices. All redshirted scholarship players are supposed to dress out at home games (coaches discretion?) but obviously do not play. Also, these redshirt scholarship players cannot travel. The travel roster limit is set by the NCAA (from what I understand) and for WAC conference games, the home team is only allowed to play 25 players also. From what I was told, this is to keep the home team from having an advantage. Funny thing is that in non-conference games, the home team can play all 35 if they are eligible (not redshirted).

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    A slight clarification if you please: all scholarship players (27 I believe) and 8 additional players make up the 35 man roster. A scholarship player can be redshirted and it will count toward the 35 man roster. Any one or all six of the remaining walk-on players (41 total players at this time for us) can also be redshirted but not count towards the 35 man roster. Once these six players (or so) have been redshirted, they must clean out their lockers and cannot participate with the team until the next falls practices. All redshirted scholarship players are supposed to dress out at home games (coaches discretion?) but obviously do not play. Also, these redshirt scholarship players cannot travel. The travel roster limit is set by the NCAA (from what I understand) and for WAC conference games, the home team is only allowed to play 25 players also. From what I was told, this is to keep the home team from having an advantage. Funny thing is that in non-conference games, the home team can play all 35 if they are eligible (not redshirted).
    Essentially, anyone over the 35-man limit is cut from the team. They can have no ties with the program. Can't work out with the team. Can't be supervised by coaches. Can't practice. They "redshirt" because that's the NCAA rule. You have five years to play four once you enroll in a university. But the truth is they're not on the team, and are given the chance to earn a spot on the team the next year as a walk-on, just like any other student at the university.

+ Reply to Thread