+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious thoughts on how to beat Boise?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Serious thoughts on how to beat Boise?

I think they could whup us without Kellen Moore. easy.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    When they catch the ball absolutely smoke them. Helmet to helmet? Who cares. Make them pay.
    Hit Kellen Moore after he throws the ball.
    Creer needs to do his best bulldozer impersonation.
    Talk some smack. Push and shove between plays.

We probably won't win, but if we do these things I promise the viewers will have some respect for us. Don't back down.

Our best chance to win would mean:
    Ross throws for 350 and no picks.
    Defense doesn't allow more than a couple big plays.
    Livas breaks one.
    No costly penalties.
    JVic finally plays like everyone thought he could.

We'll have to play a damn near perfect game. Hope we can keep it close and see who has the heart in the end.. I believe our guys are finally buying in.
    And Benson will suspend everyone of those who commit the penalty. I'm all for knocking players out, but our incapable, unsurprisingly inept, inadequate, brain dead commissioner will throw us onto the alter to protect his alma mater.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Easy?? Let's see, we lost 45-35 last year with 9 or 10 players hurt. That's not exactly a cake walk for Boise and we have a few more weapons to throw at them this year. We sure as hell aren't going to roll over just because they're Boise.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    When they catch the ball absolutely smoke them. Helmet to helmet? Who cares. Make them pay.
    Hit Kellen Moore after he throws the ball.
    Creer needs to do his best bulldozer impersonation.
    Talk some smack. Push and shove between plays.

We probably won't win, but if we do these things I promise the viewers will have some respect for us. Don't back down.

Our best chance to win would mean:
    Ross throws for 350 and no picks.
    Defense doesn't allow more than a couple big plays.
    Livas breaks one.
    No costly penalties.
    JVic finally plays like everyone thought he could.

We'll have to play a damn near perfect game. Hope we can keep it close and see who has the heart in the end.. I believe our guys are finally buying in.
    I'm with you. Don't do anything like Blount did last year, but yeah, play like we got a chip on our shoulder.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Easy?? Let's see, we lost 45-35 last year with 9 or 10 players hurt. That's not exactly a cake walk for Boise and we have a few more weapons to throw at them this year. We sure as hell aren't going to roll over just because they're Boise.
    I hope not but we are playing them on the smurf turf, plus their weapons are alot more powerful. We need to show up early and keep it close, our secondary really worries me especially when we are facing the #1 passing offense in the country.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    In Boise. And our team lost a heck of a lot more than theirs. They are very good across the board. And it's in Boise.

Boise.

And they have more than 1 good QB on their roster.

They have shown great ability to stop spread offenses in the past so I hope we can get our licks in and not look like total chumps.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Make Boise play us at 3pm at the JAS on Aug. 1

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    Make Boise play us at 3pm at the JAS on Aug. 1
    Benson never let that happen. In fact, we haven't gotten any WAC matchups in the heat after we abused Nevada way back.

Strange though, we still have to make trips to the freezing-@ss cold mountains at a clear disadvantage late in the season.....

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Kellen Moore is the real deal, 32-1 as a starter plus he's only a junior.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget, Tech players and coaches have been given 0 respect for most of the year.

Boise wants to come out and show how weak we are, and I'm thinking that the locker room factor for this game is very high for Tech. The coaches want to get everyone on board, and the players want to dominate these suckers for once.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Not that it is any great comfort, but we were more competitive vs #3 BSU than we were in our last several visits to Boise. We are trending in the right direction.

2010: Lost by 29 points. BSU 49 - LA Tech 20
    2008: Lost by 35 points. BSU 38 - LA Tech 3
    2006: Lost by 41 points. BSU 55 - LA Tech 14
    2004: Lost by 41 points. BSU 55 - LA Tech 14
    Last edited by DogsWin; 10-27-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

If Appalachian State can beat Michigan on their field, we can beat Boise on that awful blue field. We have to be inspired, focused, and together. Their athletes aren't so much better than ours, but their team is.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

http://www.accuweather.com/us/id/boi...ils.asp?fday=9

LRForecast = Miserable. Cold is one thing, but freezing rain will be hard for them too...

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I don't want to be a nega-dawg but I will be. I'm just not going to get my hopes up about winning this game. Tech doesn't play well on the road. Boise plays lights out at home. Tech just gave up 500 yards passing and Kellen Moore is the best QB we've seen. He's licking his chops. I know we didn't have our offense going then but we lost to A&M 48-16 and I think Boise is worlds better than them. What I'm hoping for is just for us to leave Bronco Stadium with dignity because we kept the game close like last year. 10 point loss and we gave Boise a scare for a while. I would be completely satisfied by that type of game on national TV.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    If Appalachian State can beat Michigan on their field, we can beat Boise on that awful blue field. We have to be inspired, focused, and together. Their athletes aren't so much better than ours, but their team is.
    Good example of how on a given day just about anything can happen even if the odds are stacked. However, I think nearly everone underestimates how good their athletes really are. Several future NFL players on this roster imo.

+ Reply to Thread