+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afternoon October Baseball....

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Afternoon October Baseball....

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I was thinking about that. As much as I love it on radio, I have to admit, when it is on television, I watch it instead of listening to it. I can't explain it, but I still have to say that I enjoy it more on the radio.
    I have found myself on certain games, turning the volume on the TV down and listening to the Radio broadcast via the web.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    I have found myself on certain games, turning the volume on the TV down and listening to the Radio broadcast via the web.
    The delay kills me.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

The delay kills me.
    DVR baby!!!! do a rewind and get it to sync up.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I have listened to a few games on the radio because of traveling a lot lately, and I enjoy it a lot. Baseball gets boring on TV to me, but I dont get bored listening to the radio in the car. Maybe it is because I am captive.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I have listened to a few games on the radio because of traveling a lot lately, and I enjoy it a lot. Baseball gets boring on TV to me, but I dont get bored listening to the radio in the car. Maybe it is because I am captive.
    I think TV people rely on graphics too much, they don;t knwo the art of filling the downtime with commentary.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I think TV people rely on graphics too much, they don;t knwo the art of filling the downtime with commentary.
    One notable exception on the national level, Joe Morgan, and another on the local level, Jim Deshaies. I learn so much about the game listening to those two announcers. They are able to take replays and use them as teaching tools.

By in large, though, you are right. The announces get lazy and let the pictures and graphs do the talking.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

One notable exception on the national level, Joe Morgan, and another on the local level, Jim Deshaies. I learn so much about the game listening to those two announcers. They are able to take replays and use them as teaching tools.

By in large, though, you are right. The announces get lazy and let the pictures and graphs do the talking.
    You like Joe? I always think he is captaib obvious, but that might just be me. I also think he gets way too racial at times, but that is besides the point of him being a good baseball analyst. I dont really dislike him, as I just think his commentary is pretty drab and not that deep.

You have got to be kidding right? Joe Morgan is one of the worse announcers in MLB. He is annoying and is constantly trying to tell you how it was when he played. He tells pointless stories and uses antiquated techniques.

You have got to be kidding right? Joe Morgan is one of the worse announcers in MLB. He is annoying and is constantly trying to tell you how it was when he played. He tells pointless stories and uses antiquated techniques.
    Must be an age thing. I love the guy. I love the way he thinks the game should be played. To each his own, I guess. But no, I'm not kidding at all.

uses antiquated techniques.
    That is true for some things. I will admit to that. That is also the worst part about older pitchers who have not coached lately. It does leave some of the old guys behind.

Still love to hear Joe Morgan, though.

The worst were the guys the braves used to have, Skip Carey and crew. If I ever wanted to take a good nap, just watch those guys commentate a game. I remember voids of silence that lasted at least 10 seconds at times, and they were pretty unexcitable when things did happen. Skip just couldnt fill daddy's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    The worst were the guys the braves used to have, Skip Carey and crew. If I ever wanted to take a good nap, just watch those guys commentate a game. I remember voids of silence that lasted at least 10 seconds at times, and they were pretty unexcitable when things did happen. Skip just couldnt fill daddy's shoes.
    I never cared much for Skip either. My father, God rest his soul, loved Skip Carey. It was something we just had to agree to disagree on.

I never cared much for Skip either. My father, God rest his soul, loved Skip Carey. It was something we just had to agree to disagree on.
    Agreed, Harry was great, though. Great stories, crazy ramblings, a shout out to the beer provider of the day, and some good baseball quips in there every now and then. I wish I could have heard Harry in his earlier years, but his voice still sticks out in my mind when watching Cubs games when I was little.

[quote=dhussdawg;1000926]Agreed, Harry was great, though. Great stories, crazy ramblings, a shout out to the beer provider of the day, and some good baseball quips in there every now and then. I wish I could have heard Harry in his earlier years, but his voice still sticks out in my mind when watching Cubs games when I was little.[/quote]

+1000000000000000000000000000000

+ Reply to Thread