+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Train wreck in the Dome

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Train wreck in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Just don't look like same team as a year ago. No fire. No running game. Brees made awful decisions and awful throws yesterday.
    The offense has zero fire. They look complacent at time. The first few games, we would come out and score the first drive of each half, then play grab ass the rest of the half and end up barely winning or losing. Finally, we put a whole game together against the Bucs, then we lay the largest turd ever against the Browns. O just never got it going from the start and Brees looked lost out there.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Those are the Saints I grew up with.

I still think that Drew's knee injury is worse than they are saying. His accuracy, usually his best asset, has been really bad since he hurt the knee.

Getting our running backs healthy will help a lot. There were several plays where it was obvious that the backs missed blocks in pass protection, and on one of Brees' interceptions, it looked like Ladell Betts turned the wrong way in his route. Since these guys weren't on the roster at the beginning of the season, I wonder if they know the playbook yet.

We got toasted on special teams. All year long we have had trouble covering kicks. No idea what went wrong on the fake punt, but it looked like Moses parted the Superdome to create the running lane for that punter.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post

I still think that Drew's knee injury is worse than they are saying. His accuracy, usually his best asset, has been really bad since he hurt the knee.

Getting our running backs healthy will help a lot. There were several plays where it was obvious that the backs missed blocks in pass protection, and on one of Brees' interceptions, it looked like Ladell Betts turned the wrong way in his route. Since these guys weren't on the roster at the beginning of the season, I wonder if they know the playbook yet.

We got toasted on special teams. All year long we have had trouble covering kicks. No idea what went wrong on the fake punt, but it looked like Moses parted the Superdome to create the running lane for that punter.

My first thought on that fake punt was the Browns had seen something on tape that made them able to predict the middle would be wide open.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

My first thought on that fake punt was the Browns had seen something on tape that made them able to predict the middle would be wide open.
    Yeh, to call it from your own 20, they had to be 100 percent sure it was going to work. It had to be an absolute certainty, especially at that juncture of the game.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Still hungover from the celebration party.

This team is playing like a .500 team at best. Steelers are next. Doesn't get any easier. The schedule for November and December is a doozy!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I was a train wreck! Brees didn't look off his main receivers and played with zero passion. Yes I know he just had a new baby Monday but so what?? Stay Saturday night at a motel or something! Terrible play calling by SP again. He gave up on the run too quick and never threw deep enough. And roll Brees out more dang it! Poor coaching and prep all around. And they deserved the boos we gave them.

Bulldog Dawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Dawg87_wp's Avatar

I can't imagine sitting thru that game. I turned on the TV to find them down 10-0, then turned it off after the 1st drive in the 3rd quarter. How many ways can you kill a drive & lose a game. That's what people use to say about the Aints. Are they back? There's some bad mojo going on here. Case #1-Brees tries to bury the ball, but it bounces off a couple of players & ends up as an interception for a TD; case #2-That punt, OMG. I've never seen the line open up like that, & what a wiff by Lance trying to tackle the punter.

I still see them going 9-7 & missing the playoffs. At least, I hope they beat Dallas. I dread that Pittsburgh game.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I was a train wreck! Brees didn't look off his main receivers and played with zero passion. Yes I know he just had a new baby Monday but so what?? Stay Saturday night at a motel or something! Terrible play calling by SP again. He gave up on the run too quick and never threw deep enough. And roll Brees out more dang it! Poor coaching and prep all around. And they deserved the boos we gave them.
    Agreed, last year is over and these guys are not above reproach just because they won last year. As soon as they forget about last year, the better off they will be. Play like we did yesterday, and the steelers will crush us.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I spent all day today in the quarter.

it...wasn't pretty. to say the least. people booin' brees on bourbon
    Hey! I was there. Wish I had seen you! There were some mighty unhappy people down there on Saturday which I greatly enjoyed as I walked around in my Tech stuff. Poor Tiger fans.

We were all unhappy yesterday. I was at the game. It was the worst game I ever saw in my life. I do not understand what on the earth has gone on with Drew Brees. Except I think it's a curse. A bad one.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I think what the Browns had was Scott Fujita. He told them all they needed to know.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg87_wp View Post
    I can't imagine sitting thru that game. I turned on the TV to find them down 10-0, then turned it off after the 1st drive in the 3rd quarter. How many ways can you kill a drive & lose a game. That's what people use to say about the Aints. Are they back? There's some bad mojo going on here. Case #1-Brees tries to bury the ball, but it bounces off a couple of players & ends up as an interception for a TD; case #2-That punt, OMG. I've never seen the line open up like that, & what a wiff by Lance trying to tackle the punter.

I still see them going 9-7 & missing the playoffs. At least, I hope they beat Dallas. I dread that Pittsburgh game.
    You sound like a hardcore fan. Turn on the tv well after the game started and turn off the tv bc they are losing.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Just once...just this one time, I'm going to say I told you so. This has been obvious to me since the Arizona game.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...s_knee/3546032

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just once...just this one time, I'm going to say I told you so. This has been obvious to me since the Arizona game.

How is it that it bothers him enough to make mistakes, but we never see the pain on his face? Never seen a man that could hide that much pain.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    How is it that it bothers him enough to make mistakes, but we never see the pain on his face? Never seen a man that could hide that much pain.
    link

PFT: Payton denies Brees has serious knee injury

Looked pretty good to me against the Steelers. The knee might be feeling better, or it could have jsut been that he was making some very poor decisions in some of the other games (Browns and Cards specifically).

+ Reply to Thread