+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Obama Traveling to India in Style

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Obama Traveling to India in Style

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I will say once again, you're making something out of nothing.
    Let's all hope that's the case.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'll put it like this, IF there was something so big about to happen that that much stuff was necessary, there would be NO way to hide it. In case you haven't noticed, Obama and his ilk can't keep a secret worth a damn. I'm still pissed at the Russian "inspectors" crap he pulled...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Protection/diversion for Obama in India after this one? You would think he would have canceled.

First US targeted assassination in Gaza pre-empts next Al Qaeda offensive
    DEBKAfile Exclusive Report November 4, 2010, 1:18 PM (GMT+02:00)
    Tags: Al Qaeda-Gaza US missile Anti-US terror in Sinai

Missile struck Al Qaeda operative's car in Gaza

A missile fired from an American warship in the Mediterranean killed Muhammad Jamal A-Namnam, 27, in Gaza City Wednesday, Nov. 3, debkafile's exclusive counter-terror sources report. Namnam was an operational commander of the Army of Islam, Al-Qaeda's Palestinian cell in the Gaza Strip. He was on a mission for Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula – AQAP to plan, organize and execute the next wave of terrorist attacks on US targets after the air package bomb plot - in Sinai.

Read more
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-04-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Barack Obama's Trip to India Is Not Going to Cost $200 Million a Day
    http://factcheck.org/2010/11/ask-fac...rip-to-mumbai/

Another piece of misinformation being spread by those TylerTakesupAss takes to be gospel.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    http://factcheck.org/2010/11/ask-fac...rip-to-mumbai/

Another piece of misinformation being spread by those TylerTakesupAss takes to be gospel.
    Yeh, that number is just ludicrous. From some quick math, I think I came up with 5 MM a day. I did some quick calculations and assumptions on food (80 per diem for 3K), travel (looked up some fuel usage by 40 planes), stay (3K times 200 a night), and I came up with 4MM a day, bump it up to 5MM because I know I am not getting everything. 200MM just seems ridiculous.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Yall jumped in there ahead of me, but yes, these figures extremely inflated. Cannot speak for the cost (but are ridiculous), but as for the Navy, we would be hardpressed to find 34 ships (not boats or small craft) to deploy. Between regular deployments, repair and replenishment operations, training and workups, and other normal navy events, I am not even sure we can scrounge up half that number. Maybe if they are talking brown water craft, perhaps. But even then I would doubt it. I am no fan of Obama, but this is probably not what has been reported in the press. We can blast the President for many things, but spending $2B on this trip is not one of them.

If anyone can provide a list of the 34 ships to deploy, I would be more than eager to see it. If this is true, then I will be absolutely shocked!

Of interest, but probably just a coincidence. On the Navy site, we currently have 144 ships away from homeport, or 50% of the fleet. Of those, 110 are on deployment, leaving.....34! :icon_wink:

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy_hr.asp?id=146

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    If anyone can provide a list of the 34 ships to deploy, I would be more than eager to see it. If this is true, then I will be absolutely shocked!

Of interest, but probably just a coincidence. On the Navy site, we currently have 144 ships away from homeport, or 50% of the fleet. Of those, 110 are on deployment, leaving.....34! :icon_wink:

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy_hr.asp?id=146
    Hum...a few congressmen and senators start question this trip last night and today and all of the sudden certain info changes. We shall someday see what this boondoggle cost. Interesting!

This as well although I'm not sure why google is running with it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...67ff57e4ad.431

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Hum...a few congressmen and senators start question this trip last night and today and all of the sudden certain info changes. We shall someday see what this boondoggle cost. Interesting!
    The info in question originated from an Indian website with an anonymous source. Wasn't trustworthy from the get-go.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

This as well although I'm not sure why google is running with it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...67ff57e4ad.431
    You do know that was also said in the Fox news article, right?

Plus, a little common sense and intelligence would tell you there was no possible way for that to happen. I know you have plenty of both, so I'm not sure why you kept, and keep, pushing that something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    You do know that was also said in the Fox news article, right?

Plus, a little common sense and intelligence would tell you there was no possible way for that to happen. I know you have plenty of both, so I'm not sure why you kept, and keep, pushing that something is up.
    I've only see one Fox article and there's only one on here. It was being reported elsewhere for the most part. And yes, I can see Obama doing this exactly as reported and in fact they never denied it until it finally became news in the mainstream press and the congressman and Senator were questioning it as well.

BTW, I posted the article above stating the navy portion of this wasn't totally true per google. We shall see how this whole thing turns out possibly. Then again we might never know.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I've only see one Fox article and there's only one on here. It was being reported elsewhere for the most part. And yes, I can see Obama doing this exactly as reported and in fact they never denied it until it finally became news in the mainstream press and the congressman and Senator were questioning it as well.

BTW, I posted the article above stating the navy portion of this wasn't totally true per google. We shall see how this whole thing turns out possibly. Then again we might never know.
    From the FN article:
    Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell also outright rejected the claim that 34 warships would patrol the Mumbai coast while Obama is in town.*

"I think there has been a lot of creative writing that's been done on this trip over the last few days," he said. "We obviously have some support role for presidential travel ... but I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd, this notion that somehow we are deploying 10 percent of the Navy, some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier in support of the president's trip to Asia -- that's just comical.

"Nothing close to that is being done, but the notion that president would require security as he travels to India and elsewhere should not come as a surprise to anyone," he said.*

A military official also told Fox News the warship claim was inaccurate. The official knew of no such plans and said, besides, a carrier strike group typically has 10-12 ships at most.*
    You are giving Obama way too much credit to pull stuff off. Think about how it started. A newspaper in India says it, so it must be true? Every extremist site, left and right, picked it up and went from there, and reported it as fact, with no source? Then REAL journalist look into it, and call it bunk, but their wrong? Come on. Like I said, I know your smarter than that. There is just no way to reason for any of that to be true, none. There is nothing to "know". If you want to "know" the security details, either become a well-connected and funded terrorist and pretend you are in a James bond film, or join the Secret Service. Obama has almost NO say on what and how security is handled.

+ Reply to Thread