+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Question/Observation

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

One Question/Observation

I'm really really glad to have moved back to the spread. Having said that, would it be too much to ask to get into a Power Formation inside the 10 yard line - with the QB under center - and run the ball? Spread offenses are notorious for farting out inside the red zone because the field shortens up.

I'm sure there are reasons why we don't have that play in our playbook, but man... we turn a 4th and 2 into 4th and 8 running Creer out of the shotgun. He has to pick up 5 yards just to get back to the line of scrimmage. It doesn't make sense to me. JMO, YMMV.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: One Question/Observation

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    I'm really really glad to have moved back to the spread. Having said that, would it be too much to ask to get into a Power Formation inside the 10 yard line - with the QB under center - and run the ball? Spread offenses are notorious for farting out inside the red zone because the field shortens up.

I'm sure there are reasons why we don't have that play in our playbook, but man... we turn a 4th and 2 into 4th and 8 running Creer out of the shotgun. He has to pick up 5 yards just to get back to the line of scrimmage. It doesn't make sense to me. JMO, YMMV.
    I feel you honey. (And I don't want to hear any of that twss twaddle.)

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post

Yup, we have to do something. Hopefully TF will see the error of his ways after tonight.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz View Post
    Yup, we have to do something. Hopefully TF will see the error of his ways after tonight.
    If he hasn't seen it by now, I don't think he's going to see it.

Cookies for everyone if he does.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Oreos dipped in pancake batter and deep fried for me, please.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

If he hasn't seen it by now, I don't think he's going to see it.

too busy planning his wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Oreos dipped in pancake batter and deep fried for me, please.
    Why don't I just go ahead and bring you some artery clogging plaque as a side to that?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Why don't I just go ahead and bring you some artery clogging plaque as a side to that?
    GREAT ! ! ! !

Spread it on some bbq ribs, please.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

You folks drive me insane. We are running the ball with 3 freaking running backs in a power formation inside the 10!!!!!! It makes no difference to the play if Ross takes the snap 4 yards deep except that he doesn't run the risk of mishandling the snap or falling down like Moore did trying to get out from under the center. Do we really have this many football morons on the board?

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    You folks drive me insane. We are running the ball with 3 freaking running backs in a power formation inside the 10!!!!!! It makes no difference to the play if Ross takes the snap 4 yards deep except that he doesn't run the risk of mishandling the snap or falling down like Moore did trying to get out from under the center. Do we really have this many football morons on the board?
    Apparently so, Coach Franklin.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up Mrs. Scelfo. :icon_wink:

Thanks for clearing that up Mrs. Scelfo. :icon_wink:
    Excuse me? Nice try, but weak as running the shotgun on 4th and 1. I hated Scelfo too.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Pot meet Kettle.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Excuse me? Nice try, but weak as running the shotgun on 4th and 1. I hated Scelfo too.
    Pwned.

+ Reply to Thread