+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruston Radio Stations

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Ruston Radio Stations

When I was in school 99-03, they played a lot of indie rock. I understand why they can't play tons of top 40 due to royalties, but the music selection when I was there was great.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    When I was in school 99-03, they played a lot of indie rock. I understand why they can't play tons of top 40 due to royalties, but the music selection when I was there was great.
    I've been around since 05, and its always seemed to lean on the heavier side of the rock, and frankly that's fine for a little while.

More variety really would be my request. That and a larger transmitter, but I know that ain't happening.

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Love me some XM/Sirius more and more.

Still love late night AM.
    What late night AM stations do you listen to? Can you pick them up in Ruston? If so, which ones?

Thanks!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

KMOX St. Louis
    WOAI San Antonio
    WWL New Orleans
    Unlimited depending on the weather conditions.
    XM has essentially eliminated my AM station listening, however.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    KMOX St. Louis
    WOAI San Antonio
    WWL New Orleans
    Unlimited depending on the weather conditions.
    XM has essentially eliminated my AM station listening, however.
    Used to love listening to AM 89 WLS - Chicago back in the day. All those T-Mo mentioned above and these I used to tune in down the AM dial:

650 WSM - Nashville
    700 WLW - Cincinnati
    750 WSB - Atlanta
    820 WBAP - Ft Worth/Dallas
    840 WHAS - Louisville
    890 WLS - Chicago
    1040 WHO - Des Moines
    1510 WLAC - Nashville

Nothin' like the cracklin' of AM radio at night...cool stuff! Of course now the Khz band is almost totally news/talk formatted-stations.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Used to love listening to AM 89 WLS - Chicago back in the day. All those T-Mo mentioned above and these I used to tune in down the AM dial:

650 WSM - Nashville
    700 WLW - Cincinnati
    750 WSB - Atlanta
    820 WBAP - Ft Worth/Dallas
    840 WHAS - Louisville
    890 WLS - Chicago
    1040 WHO - Des Moines
    1510 WLAC - Nashville

Nothin' like the cracklin' of AM radio at night...cool stuff! Of course now the Khz band is almost totally news/talk formatted-stations.
    1090 KAAY - Little Rock (Beaker Street came on at midnight. . . my a$$ better be at home)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    knlu is taught as a class and supervised by communication profs. (kind of like the Tech Talk).

KLPI is completely amateur and self-trained. And I say that proudly.

Ahhhhhhh the good old days of DJ Kev-Mac and his "these guys will be big in 12-months" music rotation.

+ Reply to Thread