+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catch the wave

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Catch the wave

Republicans Appear Poised to Win Big on Tuesday

http://www.gallup.com/poll/144125/Re...g-Tuesday.aspx

Gallup's historical model suggests that a party needs at least a two-point advantage in the national House vote to win a majority of the 435 seats. The Republicans' current likely voter margin suggests that this scenario is highly probable, making the question of interest this election not whether the GOP will win the majority, but by how much. Taking Gallup's final survey's margin of error into account, the historical model predicts that the Republicans could gain anywhere from 60 seats on up, with gains well beyond that possible.

It should be noted, however, that this year's 15-point gap in favor of the Republican candidates among likely voters is unprecedented in Gallup polling and could result in the largest Republican margin in House voting in several generations. This means that seat projections have moved into uncharted territory, in which past relationships between the national two-party vote and the number of seats won may not be maintained.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Catch the wave

Voter unrest echoes that of 1994, poll shows

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Among those most likely to cast ballots in their congressional districts, 49 percent say they side with the Republican candidate, 45 percent with the Democratic one. This four-point GOP edge puts Republicans in an even stronger position than they were heading into the final days of the 1994 election.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Grim Dems await huge House losses

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44448.html

There is nearly uniform consensus among Democratic campaign professionals that the House is gone — the only question, it seems, is how many seats they will lose.

While few will say so on the record for fear of alienating party officials or depressing turnout, every one of nearly a dozen Democratic House consultants and political strategists surveyed expect a GOP majority to be elected Tuesday — the consensus was that Democrats would lose somewhere between 50 and 60 seats.

CNN Poll: Large advantage for GOP as election nears

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lection-nears/

Two days before the midterm elections, a new national poll indicates that Republicans have a 10-point lead over the Democrats in a crucial indicator in the battle for control of Congress.

The GOP's 10 point advantage in the "generic ballot" question in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation national survey released Sunday is slightly larger than the seven point advantage Republican candidates had on the eve of the 1994 midterms, when the party last took control of Congress from the Democrats.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope they realize this is a vote against big government.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I just hope they realize this is a vote against big government.

If not, then there will be a reversal in a couple of years and it will ensure another four years for Obama if he chooses to run. This pretty much sums up my feelings:

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/20...-cleaning.html

The Repubs are getting another chance to lead. If they blow it, then they will be back on the streets come 2012. Frankly, I do not trust Boehner and the current group of GOP leaders there. I hope they vote in a different House Leader than him and there is a turnover in the new leadership with folks who have not spent their lives up on the Hill.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

They need to go in with a Conservative agenda. Repeal Obamacare and start over. Tax cuts across the board. Downsize the federal budget big time. Set the agenda and make the Democrats "the party of No." They can't just sit back and reject the Democrats' bad ideas.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, also seems to be big problems nowadays because it's far easier to elect someone than it is to recall 'em.

Generic Congressional Ballot
    Generic Ballot: Republicans 51% Democrats 39%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ssional_ballot

Republicans have opened a 12-point lead over Democrats on the Generic Congressional Ballot for the week ending Sunday, October 31, 2010. New Rasmussen Reports polling finds that 51% of Likely Voters nationwide plan to vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate, while 39% are opting for the Democrat.

If these results hold, it could lead to the election of more Republicans to Congress than at any time since the 1920s.

House Forecast: G.O.P. Plus 54-55 Seats; Significantly Larger or Smaller Gains Possible

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...ains-possible/

where be dateraper2.3?

The Cook Report Issues Final Forecast: GOP Gains 50 to 60 Seats in the House

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...house-20101101

In its final forecast for the election cycle, The Cook Political Report expects a gain for Republicans of 50 to 60 seats in the House, with six to eight seats in the Senate..

Election 2010 Predictions: The House

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...e-jim-geraghty

You can see my predictions here. In the House, the projection is for the GOP to gain 70 seats: The GOP will win 76 House districts currently held by Democrats, and the Democrats will win 6 House seats currently held by Republicans, including a few surprises. Republican takeovers are in red; Democratic takeovers are in dark blue.

Intrade: GOP Odds of Taking Senate Improve to 50-50

http://nalert.blogspot.com/2010/10/i...ng-senate.html

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Intrade: GOP Odds of Taking Senate Improve to 50-50

http://nalert.blogspot.com/2010/10/i...ng-senate.html
    Let's take the Senate!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread