+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Black Ops

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: Black Ops

Just got black ops today. Ready to get on it.

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    What type of internet connection do you local (Ruston) PS3 gamers use? I'm on DSL, and I'm wondering if switching to Cable would be better.

I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to network performance, but I think I'm having latency (ping) issues...there's certainly room for improvement, but I don't know if that would translate to me having an edge in Black Ops. (Maybe I just suck? :bigcry
    I had cable when I went to TECH and had a love/hate relationship with it (I think it had more to do with me being so far out of town). However, now that I can only get DSL in Sterlington, I am wishing for cable again.

I talked to one of the IT guys that work for Suddenlink in Bastrop, and he explained the differences in DSL and Cable internet. In Cliff's Notes version: Cable is not dependent on line traffic (i.e. neighbors using the interent), DSL is. Each DSL hub has a certain bandwidth it can provide to an area of service.

Also, I talked with a guy that deals with wireless internet similar to what Bayou Internet provides. He said that DSL will always have a higher ping than cable. This ping is what causes you to die before you see someone shooting you. It might not seem like 150ms is a long time, but in gaming, it is the difference in seeing who is shooting you and being dead before you realize you are being shot.
    Last edited by jellidawg; 03-01-2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jellidawg View Post
    I had cable when I went to TECH and had a love/hate relationship with it (I think it had more to do with me being so far out of town). However, now that I can only get DSL in Sterlington, I am wishing for cable again.

I talked to one of the IT guys that work for Suddenlink in Bastrop, and he explained the differences in DSL and Cable internet. In Cliff's Notes version: Cable is not dependent on line traffic (i.e. neighbors using the interent), DSL is. Each DSL hub has a certain bandwidth it can provide to an area of service.

Also, I talked with a guy that deals with wireless internet similar to what Bayou Internet provides. He said that DSL will always have a higher ping than cable. This ping is what causes you to die before you see someone shooting you. It might not seem like 150ms is a long time, but in gaming, it is the difference in seeing who is shooting you and being dead before you realize you are being shot.
    That's why I chose Comcast internet. Not one problem yet, unlike with DSL.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

You guys are just making excuses for your below .50 kd.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    You guys are just making excuses for your below .50 kd.
    HAHAHAHA... not this guy. Only playing hardcore team deathmatch I am about a 1.3ish K/D Ratio.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    HAHAHAHA... not this guy. Only playing hardcore team deathmatch I am about a 1.3ish K/D Ratio.
    Me too. But I like to camp.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Me too. But I like to camp.
    I do both as you know. To bring the conversation back full circle, on SuddenLink in Ruston I host a lot of games because of my connection.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I still say you guys should try America's Army 3. Great, realistic game. And it's free.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Ahhh...much better, and it has definitely made a difference:

FYI...the technician told me Suddenlink will be upgrading their service here soon and will offer up to 50Meg connection speeds.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie4Cody View Post
    Is anyone going to Colorado for spring break to ski?
    I don't even know how to respond to that.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Anyone got some suggestions on what I can do to fix me not being able to join parties with anyone???????? Getting a bit frustrating that I can't join in with y'all.

Oh, and everyone is muted for some reason now too, so if you ha joined a game with me and tried talking, I didn't and wouldn't hear you. Just something else that's gone haywire on me.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Anyone got some suggestions on what I can do to fix me not being able to join parties with anyone???????? Getting a bit frustrating that I can't join in with y'all.

Oh, and everyone is muted for some reason now too, so if you ha joined a game with me and tried talking, I didn't and wouldn't hear you. Just something else that's gone haywire on me.
    What does it say in matchmaking for your NAT in the bottom right hand corner? The muted setting should be in your xbox live profile somewhere.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

It's strict. I don't have control of the network though (the Army does).

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    It's strict. I don't have control of the network though (the Army does).
    That's the problem. Until it's "moderate" or "open" you will have lots of problems. You may want to try hosting the games and inviting people in. I know that helps people with a "moderate" NAT.

I have an "open" NAT and host 90% of the games I play on Suddenlink in Ruston.

+ Reply to Thread