+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Black Ops

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Black Ops

These 1st-person shoot 'em up games are okay, but I like strategic games. There aren't any, that I know of, for Xbox. Just more mindless "bang bang" games.

PC games are waaaaaaaaaaaay better! But, I would buy any Xbox game that even remotely approached being a strategy game.

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    These 1st-person shoot 'em up games are okay, but I like strategic games. There aren't any, that I know of, for Xbox. Just more mindless "bang bang" games.

PC games are waaaaaaaaaaaay better! But, I would buy any Xbox game that even remotely approached being a strategy game.
    Ever heard of Halo Wars? I think it was the first real attempt to put RTS on a gaming platform other than PC.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Halo Wars, Civilization Revolution, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, Star Trek Legacy, and R.U.S.E are all on the xbox.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

New map pack available for download tomorrow.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

What type of internet connection do you local (Ruston) PS3 gamers use? I'm on DSL, and I'm wondering if switching to Cable would be better.

I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to network performance, but I think I'm having latency (ping) issues...there's certainly room for improvement, but I don't know if that would translate to me having an edge in Black Ops. (Maybe I just suck? :bigcry

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    What type of internet connection do you local (Ruston) PS3 gamers use? I'm on DSL, and I'm wondering if switching to Cable would be better.

I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to network performance, but I think I'm having latency (ping) issues...there's certainly room for improvement, but I don't know if that would translate to me having an edge in Black Ops. (Maybe I just suck? :bigcry
    Are you using a wifi connection or connected physically via. ethernet?

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Are you using a wifi connection or connected physically via. ethernet?
    Wired connection. I've also assigned my PS3 a static IP and don't filter any traffic to that particular IP. I don't have a VoIP phone service or anything like that...basically no one in the house uses the internet except for me. I'm getting ping results of 150ms and higher (obviously, somewhat dependent on where the test server is located). While I haven't done a lot of research, the minimal reading I have done leads me to believe I can do better, connection-wise. Of course I could be wrong. I also could be overlooking something regarding my network.

Just curious what any other local guys experience...

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Wired connection. I've also assigned my PS3 a static IP and don't filter any traffic to that particular IP. I don't have a VoIP phone service or anything like that...basically no one in the house uses the internet except for me. I'm getting ping results of 150ms and higher (obviously, somewhat dependent on where the test server is located). While I haven't done a lot of research, the minimal reading I have done leads me to believe I can do better, connection-wise. Of course I could be wrong. I also could be overlooking something regarding my network.

Those speed test numbers are terrible. There has to be a network issue. Even slow DSL through a wired connection should give you much better numbers than that.

I would call tech support for your ISP and have them check the speed coming to your location. Make sure you are getting what you are paying for.

Those speed test numbers are terrible. There has to be a network issue. Even slow DSL through a wired connection should give you much better numbers than that.

I would call tech support for your ISP and have them check the speed coming to your location. Make sure you are getting what you are paying for.
    I called them, even though I'd rather have a root canal. My own personal hell would be talking to AT&T customer service for eternity.

Anyway, the first person I talked to didn't have a clue what I was talking about. If my internet was "on" and working, he didn't get what my beef was. He transferred me to what I think was a 3rd party who provides "advance" technical support...I wish I could remember what they were called. They required either a one-time $50 fee for help, or a $15/per month agreement for 12 months of service. I laughed and said thanks but no thanks. Maybe I'll try and call back, asking them to at least test the speed coming into my home.

If any of you Ruston Suddenlink Internet customers could post some connection test results from SpeedTest.net, I'd appreciate it.

I called them, even though I'd rather have a root canal. My own personal hell would be talking to AT&T customer service for eternity.

Anyway, the first person I talked to didn't have a clue what I was talking about. If my internet was "on" and working, he didn't get what my beef was. He transferred me to what I think was a 3rd party who provides "advance" technical support...I wish I could remember what they were called. They required either a one-time $50 fee for help, or a $15/per month agreement for 12 months of service. I laughed and said thanks but no thanks. Maybe I'll try and call back, asking them to at least test the speed coming into my home.

If any of you Ruston Suddenlink Internet customers could post some connection test results from SpeedTest.net, I'd appreciate it.
    Something is wrong. That speed is slower than dial-up. Your paying for a service and not receiving what you are paying for.

Something is wrong. That speed is slower than dial-up.
    I thought dial up was 56Kbps, or .056Mbps?

I thought dial up was 56Kbps, or .056Mbps?
    You are correct. But the fact still remains that you are getting dinosaur-like speeds disguised as "high-speed". I would either tell them to check on it or you are switching to cable.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I used AT&T for a year and hated it. Also, you should use Atlanta when testing your AT&T connection just like you should use Dallas for Suddenlink. The backbone connections for both of these providers typically goes down I-20 in their respective directions.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    I used AT&T for a year and hated it. Also, you should use Atlanta when testing your AT&T connection just like you should use Dallas for Suddenlink. The backbone connections for both of these providers typically goes down I-20 in their respective directions.

What city should I use with Comcast internet?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    What city should I use with Comcast internet?
    Dallas probably.

+ Reply to Thread