+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How bout dem Hornets!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

How bout dem Hornets!

Great start!

Chris Paul is under-rated and under-appreciated. He can flat out play!

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

Re: How bout dem Hornets!

Finally 100% healthy. Looks just like he did two seasons ago.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Great start!

You really think so? Most people I know think Paul is the very best PG and one of the best overall players in the league. Most experts on every channel I have ever seen consistently rate him extremely high. Believe me, everyone knows he is the man.

Now if you are looking at sports overall he could win 3 straight NBA titles and probably won't be as popular as Brees so I would agree with you on that but I think that would be more that the NFL is more popular than the NBA in general especially in the South.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this start may hush the talk of an eventual trade for Paul. I can't remember the last time I cared about the NBA in November. Great start though 6-0. EPSN.com stat said the last team to remain undefeated in the past three seasons has made it to the NBA finals...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You really think so? Most people I know think Paul is the very best PG and one of the best overall players in the league. Most experts on every channel I have ever seen consistently rate him extremely high. Believe me, everyone knows he is the man.

Now if you are looking at sports overall he could win 3 straight NBA titles and probably won't be as popular as Brees so I would agree with you on that but I think that would be more that the NFL is more popular than the NBA in general especially in the South.
    Yes, I really think so.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Great start!

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I hope this start may hush the talk of an eventual trade for Paul. I can't remember the last time I cared about the NBA in November. Great start though 6-0. EPSN.com stat said the last team to remain undefeated in the past three seasons has made it to the NBA finals...
    Got that right. Did you guys see Paul's 19 assists and only 8 pts or so in the Heat game? he's totally an unselfish player these days!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, how can you say Chris Paul is underrated? He is in the running for MVP every year and is considered by most to be the best point guard in the league. I don't agree that he is under-appreciated either.

He makes an average roster around him into a contender. The trade of Julian Wright for Bellinelli has been a huge steal. JuJu sucked and rarely saw the floor and Bellinelli has played solid as the starter at the 2. I don't understand why Thornton is losing playing time to some of the new guys though. Thornton is a stud. (His defense can't be that bad)

Dude....I watch those NBA talking-head shows. Sure, they give some props to Paul, just not enough IMO.

In the running for the MVP every year? How many times has he won MVP? Just asking...

This is an OPINION, get it? I think (opinion) Paul is under-rated by most people.

And there are some over-rated players too....

Watched some of the game last night. Hornets are playing good team ball. Defense is solid and they are unselfish. West and Okafur run a good high-low post. They pass to each other well.

Paul is awesome. Is in complete control at all times. 8-0.

This is NOT the most talented team, overall, in the NBA. (save Chris Paul who is as good as it gets at PG) But, they are good enough when the team functions as one unit. (Like the Hickory Huskers from "Hoosiers.")

Go Hornets !

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Pic of me at the Clippers game.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude....I watch those NBA talking-head shows. Sure, they give some props to Paul, just not enough IMO.

In the running for the MVP every year? How many times has he won MVP? Just asking...

This is an OPINION, get it? I think (opinion) Paul is under-rated by most people.

And there are some over-rated players too....
    Calm down dude. Simply said I disagree. That's an opinion. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Calm down dude. Simply said I disagree. That's an opinion. Get it?
    But your opinion is wrong...

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I think I'm gonna try to go down during Christmas break and watch the Hornets play the Celtics. CP3 and the Hornets are playing out of their mind right now. I really hope play this well all season and at least make it through the first round of the playoffs.

Where's the love?

Watched the Hornets go to 9-1 last night. Switched over to ESPN's coverage of the Spurs-Bulls. All I heard from dem TV guys, and from the talkin heads "back in the studio" is stuff like: the Spurs, at 9-1, have the best record in the NBA. (uh, not tied for the best record???) But, won't matter cuz the Lakers are the best in the west anyway.

Well, who are the contenders? Let's ask our expert panel:

in the west it'll be the Lakers, Spurs and Mavericks

in the east it's all about the Magic, Heat and Celtics.

Not even a "but the Hornets are off to a good start." Nope, not a mention.

Who are the impact players to watch?

Panel: all the regulars, ya know, Bryant, Duncan, James, Wade, blah, blah, blah...

(not even a "but Chris Paul is a good player too" Nope, not even a mention!) I was told on this very thread that Paul gets all kind of love! Guess the ESPN dudes just didn't read this thread to be reminded they mention Paul...

That's okay! We are 9-1, with the best record in the NBA! (nope, not tied, the San Antonio Who? Never heard of 'em...)

Thanks to Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy!

During the Bulls-Mavs telecast those two sang the praises of Chris Paul and the Hornets. It was good to hear.

+ Reply to Thread