+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How bout dem Hornets!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: How bout dem Hornets!

Lost the defensive intensity last night. Lost to the Flippers??? Sheeesh!

Not good.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Okafur is the weakest link. Getting mauled in the paint.

Hornets are fading fast.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Okafur is the weakest link. Getting mauled in the paint.

Hornets are fading fast.
    He's a PF masquerading as a center. He's strong and intense so he can get away with it sometimes but sometimes he can't overcome. Whatever he is listed at doesn't matter. I bet the guy is really 6'8".

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Really though the Hornets are the way they are because they have no real owner and even when they did he wouldn't spend the necessary cash to make the team a consistent winner. Their bench is terrible and they still have starters that belong on the bench and even though their numbers aren't great, the numbers they do have are inflated by playing with a freak of nature at PG. I feel bad for CP3. They need to inject some cash into that team and surround Paul with some horses and the sky is the limit down there.

Even David West is only just "good." "Good" is good, of course, but good players need other good players and a great player, or a couple of great players, otherwise they can't carry a team. West is not "great" enough to be that other player that can team with CP3, the only true top-notch NBA elite player on the entire roster, and carry the whole team.

That paragraph doesn't make much sense . Try this:

West is a good player, and if he was on the Lakers or Spurs he would be a major contributor to a winning team, but would always be that "other" guy that chips in points, etc...but that the team NEVER looks to to carry the team. The Hornets look to West to be a franchise player and he's simply not that good.

CP is by himself, when it comes to being an elite player. The others are inconsistent.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Even David West is only just "good." "Good" is good, of course, but good players need other good players and a great player, or a couple of great players, otherwise they can't carry a team. West is not "great" enough to be that other player that can team with CP3, the only true top-notch NBA elite player on the entire roster, and carry the whole team.

That paragraph doesn't make much sense . Try this:

West is a good player, and if he was on the Lakers or Spurs he would be a major contributor to a winning team, but would always be that "other" guy that chips in points, etc...but that the team NEVER looks to to carry the team. The Hornets look to West to be a franchise player and he's simply not that good.

CP is by himself, when it comes to being an elite player. The others are inconsistent.
    I disagree to an extent on your eval of West. The dude is a scorer and would be on any team in the NBA in my opinion. But, I do agree CP3 needs some help in the Big Easy and it's gonna take forking out some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I disagree to an extent on your eval of West. The dude is a scorer and would be on any team in the NBA in my opinion. But, I do agree CP3 needs some help in the Big Easy and it's gonna take forking out some cash.
    You disagree "to an extent" which means you must also agree "to an extent." I think I have given West enough benefit of the doubt to prove he can be a franchise-type player, and I don't see it. He's good, yes. But, if you were to take CP3 out of the mix....like today...snap your fingers and he's gone...the Hornets would be lucky to win at a 33% clip, even with West doing his best.

Look at the Malone-Stockton Jazz teams (yeah, they did have a better supporting cast than the Hornets have, but..) if Stockton had gotten hurt that Jazz team would still have won at a 50% and slightly better clip. Malone was good enough to carry the team to maybe sneak into the playoffs without Stockton. Malone was a franchise player.

With Stockton the Jazz had TWO franchise players, and a decent supporting cast, and were the Best in the West, and if not for that frickin' Jordan, would have been two-time NBA champions too.

Is it fair to compare West to Malone? Well, yeah, if one wishes to make the case that West is a franchise player. Which, personally, I disagree with. He ain't, IMO. Without CP3 the Hornets would completely suck.

The Hornets need another go-to guy. One that can compliment and support West in the inside. I think we can agree on that.

You disagree "to an extent" which means you must also agree "to an extent." I think I have given West enough benefit of the doubt to prove he can be a franchise-type player, and I don't see it. He's good, yes. But, if you were to take CP3 out of the mix....like today...snap your fingers and he's gone...the Hornets would be lucky to win at a 33% clip, even with West doing his best.

Look at the Malone-Stockton Jazz teams (yeah, they did have a better supporting cast than the Hornets have, but..) if Stockton had gotten hurt that Jazz team would still have won at a 50% and slightly better clip. Malone was good enough to carry the team to maybe sneak into the playoffs without Stockton. Malone was a franchise player.

With Stockton the Jazz had TWO franchise players, and a decent supporting cast, and were the Best in the West, and if not for that frickin' Jordan, would have been two-time NBA champions too.

Is it fair to compare West to Malone? Well, yeah, if one wishes to make the case that West is a franchise player. Which, personally, I disagree with. He ain't, IMO. Without CP3 the Hornets would completely suck.

The Hornets need another go-to guy. One that can compliment and support West in the inside. I think we can agree on that.

I agree with 80. West is a good but not great player. He benefits greatly from CP3. Whch isn't bad but I understand what 80 is saying in that he'll never be good enough to carry or lead a team.

If the Hornets had 3 more players they would be awesome and I'm not talking about doing a Lebron/Wade/Bosh thing. They need to add just 1 stud, and 2 decent bench players and CP3 is so good they could make a serious run.

1 stud like a Manu Ginobli for instance, and a better backup center, like Nene or Birdman. Guys like DJ Mbenga wouldn't even see the floor on most teams. Then add another really good bench player/sixth man type that can spread the floor like Jet Terry does for the Mavs and bingo. Of course to do this without trading away significant parts takes $$$$.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

We can definitely agree they need help. But I think West is one of the better PFs in the league and would be without CP3. He is definitely no Malone but how many players live up to that comparison? CP3 makes everyone better, that's a given, but its not like West is catching pick and rolls and alleys from Paul. His game is catching the ball on the low post or facing up an opponent on the high post, and his midrange shot is probably as good as any PF in the league.... which is why I don't think he is a must-keep because I don't think he is the best fit with Paul. Paul needs to be surrounded with long and athletic bigs who can run and jump. But that said, I definitely think with the right piece or two, the Hornets could win with Paul/West.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I am afraid the Hornets won't be a Louisiana team much longer.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Wow, Hornets getting skunked by the Kings currently. Hornets are in a bad way right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Wow, Hornets getting skunked by the Kings currently. Hornets are in a bad way right now.
    Hornets 94-91

biggest comeback in franchise history.

They needed that!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Hornets 94-91

biggest comeback in franchise history.

They needed that!

Yes, they did. Losing to a lowly team at home would be kicking them while they are down. Hopefully, they will find their groove after that comeback.

Great game tonite. 100-71 over the Jazz.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Great game tonite. 100-71 over the Jazz.
    I was at the game. It was nice to see Paul Millsap in person again. 14 pts with 6 rb and 2 steals. Not a world beater tonight, but they all looked flat. The jazz looked like they couldn't buy a free throw. Hornets played an excellent game tonight.

+ Reply to Thread