+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest Upsets

Puppy dogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the ears dogsfan's Avatar

Re: Greatest Upsets

And Bill sounds like a guy that might know a little of the inner workings of exactly some of the, how shall I say this, restraints, someone might have on performing their job at Tech due to "management". So that's it. LA Tech still has some hurdles to climb to bring it's football program along. I think it will get there.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogsfan View Post
    Sorry to disappoint Geaux but I'm not JBIII, but I do know him very well. He's a great person/coach. Just sayin' we all have opinions. The guy absolutely loved LA Tech, Ruston, and still has many friends who he still keeps in contact with, including many of the LA Tech coaches past and present! Believe me he doesn't have the time to go on this bulletin board. He's a little busy coaching with the NY Giants right now.
    Jack was a nice guy, and I am sure he is apt at being an assistant offensive line coach/offensive line coach, he just wasnt a good head coach for a smaller DI team. You just cant have his crybaby, puss attitude about things and do well at that level. You gotta have a get crap done type of guy who does not give a rat's ass who we are playing, we are going to try to give them hell. That simply was not Bicknell, he was too busy crying about haves and have nots. His two most successfull season were in his first 3 years, and it was pretty mcuh downhill after that (save 1 year).

Puppy dogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the earsdogsfan seems to have something between the ears dogsfan's Avatar

Sure like watering down the schedule, like Dooley. Then bailing... Well once again you guys don't have all the facts surrounding the program at that time. But I'm sure by what happened after Bicknell left you can gather who and what some of those issues were. And before you start on the "Bicknell had no idea how to deal with them etc" stop there. Talk to JR Peace and maybe Mickey Slaughter (if they can because of course they still have dealings there in Ruston), they'll be able to shed a little light on quite a few workings of how the athletic department was run back then. Oh, maybe even Conroy, since he's no longer affiliated with Tech maybe he can enlighten ya'll. Believe me you'd all be singing a different tune. But whatever.

+ Reply to Thread