+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Memorial Gym game?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

A Memorial Gym game?

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if every year the Men's and Women's basketball teams scheduled a double header in Memorial Gym.

Once a year it would be a way to reminisce about what games were like back in the days before the TAC. It would be in the first half of the season and they could promote it the same way as the red-out games for football. But they could call it the "Memorial Double Header" and have the teams wear throwback uniforms. So it's like having the Red-out game for Football but it would be the Memorial Double Header for Basketball. It'd be a great way to get student to the game as it's much easier for students to walk to Memorial Gym for a basketball game than all the way to the TAC. And plus I'm sure the alumni would love to see the teams wear uniforms of the past.

Again just throwing this out there for debate. Just thought it'd be a cool idea.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: A Memorial Gym game?

Since Memorial was the only place I saw games, I say yes! :icon_wink:

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

And wear throwback jerseys! Love it!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good idea. That gym is still in good shape. Actually, probably in better shape than say, Cameron Indoor. I have seen some games there from when I was in high school. Fun compact atmosphere.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

We could really rattle those pullout stands! Remember that everyone stood and cheered at the top of their lungs until the opposition made their first basket? That was great. Why don't we do that anymore?

Bulldog Dawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Dawg87_wp's Avatar

Sounds good. Do anything do generate excitement. Eliminate some of these games w/teams from lower divisions as well.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

We probably need to change out the floor in the memorial gym. How old is it?

Bulldog thedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the earsthedoJOEofdope seems to have something between the ears

I doubt the basketball would even bounce on the memorial gym floor. We'd get laughed at by whoever came to play. I say we stick to the TAC, but still call it throwback night and wear the old jerseys and maybe recognize old players at halftime.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by thedoJOEofdope View Post
    I doubt the basketball would even bounce on the memorial gym floor. We'd get laughed at by whoever came to play. I say we stick to the TAC, but still call it throwback night and wear the old jerseys and maybe recognize old players at halftime.
    The best floor I ever played on bar none!!!!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Always liked this idea..But they would need to do some serious work to it.

Puppy Saildawg has turned a few heads around hereSaildawg has turned a few heads around here

I like it...the site where Karl Malone broke his first rim at TECH when he had to sit out his first year (if my memory is correct)!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Played some little league basketball games in Memorial.

Remembered losing the championship game and crying my eyes out the rest of the night. Tough loss for a 10 year old

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    We probably need to change out the floor in the memorial gym. How old is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoJOEofdope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dadawgula View Post
    The best floor I ever played on bar none!!!!
    Back in the day, that floor had lots of spring to it. Have you played on it lately, TDJOD?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Always liked this idea..But they would need to do some serious work to it.
    I think it would be worth it. What about a Tennessee vs. Techsters in sleeved jerseys at the Memorial Gym. That place would be PACKED!

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Good idea if we could even think of affording it.

Tech needs to stay focused on improvements and expenditures to infrastructure at this point. Promote around our core items to generate excitement and interest. we just don't have the financial and human resources to spread out our efforts.

Working with the city is an example of bringing in more assistance. Last year the city hung the banners around JAS parking lot and roadways. Sure would be nice to consider a motel tax where the money is used for supporting / expanding Tech facilities since they are the basis of tourist oriented events that use motels and restuarants. I beleive a joint deal was done like this in Oxford with Ole Miss baseball complex.

+ Reply to Thread