+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5A Playoff Ranking

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

5A Playoff Ranking

Can someone please explain to me how WM who is currently undefeated, the defending state champion, ranked #1 in the state and nationally ranked in USA Today can be the #4 seed??

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: 5A Playoff Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how WM who is currently undefeated, the defending state champion, ranked #1 in the state and nationally ranked in USA Today can be the #4 seed??
    Strength of schedule?

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

It all has to do with power rankings. You get 10 points for each win, and one point for each of your opponents' wins all dividied by the number of games you play. If you play up in class, you get two points for each class played up, but with WM in the top classification in LA, no bonus points for playing up.

WM is ranked 4th because some of the teams they played against (Neville, district games) did not do well in non-district games. This means that they did not get those one point bonuses that three others were able to get.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't think WM has been the #1 seed many times.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I don't think WM has been the #1 seed many times.

Hasn't really hurt them before, huh. I kinda think they like being the hunter instead of the hunted. It happens so rarely during any season that they are not the top dog.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Hasn't really hurt them before, huh. I kinda think they like being the hunter instead of the hunted. It happens so rarely during any season that they are not the top dog.
    The bracket this year is just crazy in favor of them.

WM's biggest problem has always been Shows screwing with the play calling during the championship game. He has cost them at least two of those.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

The bracket this year is just crazy in favor of them.

WM's biggest problem has always been Shows screwing with the play calling during the championship game. He has cost them at least two of those.
    Just to clarify I am not a WM fan, but I do respect what Shows has built over years. You're right about the bracket though, I looks like the #4 seeding is going to work to their advantage. Unless they have a huge meltdown I just don't see anyone keeping them out of the dome....again.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

How'd you like to be East St. John?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify I am not a WM fan, but I do respect what Shows has built over years. You're right about the bracket though, I looks like the #4 seeding is going to work to their advantage. Unless they have a huge meltdown I just don't see anyone keeping them out of the dome....again.
    He will keep winning, they've pushed the holdbacks down to the 5th grade. My nephew was one of them last year.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    He will keep winning, they've pushed the holdbacks down to the 5th grade. My nephew was one of them last year.
    pretty soon they will be holding back a fetus until it is 6 months old before it is born. This crap is crazy. You can't possibly tell me that you can guarantee that an 11 year old kid is going to be a great athlete. Most of the kids I played baseball with and were the best on their teams at that age didn't even play high school ball around here.

No offense intended to you or your nephew. Maybe they are right, but I have to think that they are wrong more often than right.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    No offense intended to you or your nephew. Maybe they are right, but I have to think that they are wrong more often than right.
    None taken, what you are saying is right. Kids mature at different ages.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

How about the first grade? Remember the "they" you mention is NOT the coaches . . . it's the parents doing this Outliers thinking.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

So is it time for our annual hold back discussion?

The one that always spins off of a discussion about WM...

The one that is usually brought up by a Ruston fan...

Even though the LHSAA has FINALLY addressed some of the idiotic rules they did have in place regarding hold backs, a kid must still hold back in or before 5th grade to meet the guidlines.

So is it time for our annual hold back discussion?

The one that always spins off of a discussion about WM...

The one that is usually brought up by a Ruston fan...

Even though the LHSAA has FINALLY addressed some of the idiotic rules they did have in place regarding hold backs, a kid must still hold back in or before 5th grade to meet the guidlines.
    If private schools like Evangel, Calvary, etc....can recruit then public schools should be allowed to hold back. JMO.

+ Reply to Thread