+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Veterans' Day!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Veterans' Day!

To all my fellow veterans, Happy Veterans' Day, and thank you for your service!

Attached are my contributions to my country.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Amos Moses; 11-11-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Happy Veterans' Day!

No

Thank you and all the other vets on the board...

Your service gives us this freedom
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Here are my father-in-law's contributions. D-Day plus four. Wounded twice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Thanks to you and your father in law for your service.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We are down to less than 10% survivor rate for the individuals who served in WWII

Statistics say less than 100,000 remain alive in the US

We are truly losing the GREATEST generation of all time
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    We are down to less than 10% survivor rate for the individuals who served in WWII

Yep, my wife's grandfather served in WWII. He signed up very young and he was on a boat off the west cost of the US for most of the time. They had a thing last year that VFW put together for him and some others who served in the war to go to DC together. When they got back at the Shreve airport, we had about 200 people waiting there to meet them and they had a little band playing patriotic songs. It was great to see all of those men, and they were surprised and honored that people came to see them. A truly great generation.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I eagerly join the others in giving a huge "THANK YOU!!!" and "BRAVO ZULU" to all of the vets and members of the armed forces today!

In honor of our vets and service members, I present the following. There are two versions of the video and this is the viral version made by one of the band members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSiFl24xnU

Folks, this is what it is really all about. All of our discussions about our win-loss record, what conference we are in, and such seem pretty trivial compared to this.

Again, THANK YOU!!!! to all of our service members present and past who have sacrificed so much so that we can have the freedoms we enjoy today!
    Last edited by hookdown; 11-11-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Great video Hook, thanks to you for serving and all the rest who fight and sacrifice and have given it their all. You are not forgotten!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    Great video Hook, thanks to you for serving and all the rest who fight and sacrifice and have given it their all. You are not forgotten!

I have the great honor of serving those who are in uniform. The men and women in the fleet are my customers and I want to make sure they have the best available tools if and when they need them. At our lab I see on a daily basis the young men and women who are serving in our fleet. They are so young and within 6-8 months, most will sitting in a Combat Information Center onboard ship somewhere ready to react to any threat that presents itself. We are talking 18-20 year olds here for most of them. That is a lot of responsibility.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for anybody who serves, regardless of their branch or specialty.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

My Grandfather who is 90 was a paratrooper and was captured after he landed and with a broken ankle. He spent a good bit of time with comrades in box cars travelling to Germany where he eventually was forced to work in a Velveta cheese factory. He is an immaculate record keeper and kept a diary of every day of his experience and saved some momentos from working in the factory. He gave me all his stuff and I used it for a project in elementary school. I think somebody stole it or it was lost and I havent seen it since. I'm so pissed I wished I had it back. It was a really good account of life as a POW.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Today is "Kiss a Vet Day". If you know any hot women, send them over to me.

Thanks to all my fellow Veterans!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Here are my father-in-law's contributions. D-Day plus four. Wounded twice.
    Amos, get that CIB turned right side up!

Hell of a contribution your father-in-law has there. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Amos, get that CIB turned right side up!

Hell of a contribution your father-in-law has there. Very impressive.
    Wow! I didn't even notice that! My wife knocked the shadow box off the wall the other day, and it came off. She put it back on upside down! Thanks for catching that. Fixed!

+ Reply to Thread