+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Southern Miss Players shot, critical

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: 3 Southern Miss Players shot, critical

It happens all the time. Football players enter a bar after a big win and invariably someone in the crowd is going to get enough liquid courage to challenge them, especially if it involves girls. Unfortunately these guys had guns.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Weren't they shot outside the bar?
    Immaterial. Shouldn't have guns anywhere near where the combination of alcohol and egos are present.

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Here is a link to the Bastrop Enterprise article about Jones: http://www.bastropenterprise.com/top...after-shooting

Pretty much the same as what has been said here.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Latest news. Jones is out of surgery and recovering in ICU.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Immaterial. Shouldn't have guns anywhere near where the combination of alcohol and egos are present.
    Not only is it not a good idea, it's illegal in this state. Both to conceal illegally and to have a gun in a bar. Clubs count as bars where the law is concerned.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Not only is it not a good idea, it's illegal in this state. Both to conceal illegally and to have a gun in a bar. Clubs count as bars where the law is concerned.
    Right, it's illegal to carry in the bar, but, perfectly legal to carry in the parking lot if you have a permit.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Right, it's illegal to carry in the bar, but, perfectly legal to carry in the parking lot if you have a permit.
    If I was a betting man, I would bet that none of these punks have permits to carry.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I bet they were in the bar prior to the incident. I also bet they don't have permits. In fact, I'll double down and bet that the perps already had a criminal record that would disqualify them from getting a permit.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

We need to get past the idea that it is OK to use a gun for quarrels or robberies. People who do should be put away forever. If they are really good,and work really hard, give them a private cell at Angola. If not, let them be on hard time for life. Maybe after a generation or two it will be gone. Too many people being shot here in BR for no good reason. A thug did a home invasion here and killed a mom and shot her young daughter six times, but she lived. Tell me one good reason that thug and his partner should ever walk as free men again.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    We need to get past the idea that it is OK to use a gun for quarrels or robberies. People who do should be put away forever. If they are really good,and work really hard, give them a private cell at Angola. If not, let them be on hard time for life. Maybe after a generation or two it will be gone. Too many people being shot here in BR for no good reason. A thug did a home invasion here and killed a mom and shot her young daughter six times, but she lived. Tell me one good reason that thug and his partner should ever walk as free men again.
    That's a good reason to own a gun and/or get a permit to carry it. I carry mine even when I'm out for a walk or riding my bicycle. You're not going to take all the guns away from the criminals. There's too many out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I bet they were in the bar prior to the incident. I also bet they don't have permits. In fact, I'll double down and bet that the perps already had a criminal record that would disqualify them from getting a permit.
    There's probably a lot of criminals/drug dealers in those bars because that's where they conduct most of their business. A guy that gets in a fight in a bar is just asking to get knifed or shot. Remember one of our own got knifed in a bar last year. If I were a coach, I would talk to my players at least once a week about staying out of bars. The players need to know there is a lot of danger in a bar with a bunch of drunks and criminals. I'm not at all surprised that this happened.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

We just need to go back to public hangings at the local court house. Show people that when you screw up you pay for it and everyone gets to see.

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Guys, it has been a gut wrenching time in Hattiesburg. Went to bed Saturday night excited about our team beating #25 UCF and woke up to this horrible news. Eagle Nation is in a state of shock and sorrow.

You could not meet a finer young man than Martez Smith. Always smiling and always positive. He got injured against ECU this year and was out for the remainder of the season. He had a shot at the NFL. Now he will never walk again.

Tim Green I never met, but from all reports he also is a fine young man. He more than likely will never speak again. He was shot twice in the throat and vocal chords were hit.

Thank God it looks like Deddrick Jones from Bastrop, La. will fully recover from his wound. He was shot in the lung. Deddrick is also a fine young man.

I am far removed from Hattiesburg, but from what I have been told, while this club was developing a diminishing reputation, there was no indication of this type incident happening. One of the players danced with some gang banger from Jackson's girlfriend. As they exited the club to go home, he greeted them with gunfire.

Coach Fedora has handled this as good as possible. He has spent endless hours at the hospital with the families.
    We have a game this Saturday night against Houston and hopefully a large crowd will show up to support this team that is hurting. Win or lose doesn't matter. Being there to support our players on the field and those three in the hospital is what matters.

Please keep these three young men in your thoughts and prayers if possible. Lots of respect for LaTech from USM fans these days. Everyone is glad the series was started this season.

God Bless you all.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Guys, it has been a gut wrenching time in Hattiesburg. Went to bed Saturday night excited about our team beating #25 UCF and woke up to this horrible news. Eagle Nation is in a state of shock and sorrow.

You could not meet a finer young man than Martez Smith. Always smiling and always positive. He got injured against ECU this year and was out for the remainder of the season. He had a shot at the NFL. Now he will never walk again.

Tim Green I never met, but from all reports he also is a fine young man. He more than likely will never speak again. He was shot twice in the throat and vocal chords were hit.

Thank God it looks like Deddrick Jones from Bastrop, La. will fully recover from his wound. He was shot in the lung. Deddrick is also a fine young man.

I am far removed from Hattiesburg, but from what I have been told, while this club was developing a diminishing reputation, there was no indication of this type incident happening. One of the players danced with some gang banger from Jackson's girlfriend. As they exited the club to go home, he greeted them with gunfire.

Coach Fedora has handled this as good as possible. He has spent endless hours at the hospital with the families.
    We have a game this Saturday night against Houston and hopefully a large crowd will show up to support this team that is hurting. Win or lose doesn't matter. Being there to support our players on the field and those three in the hospital is what matters.

Please keep these three young men in your thoughts and prayers if possible. Lots of respect for LaTech from USM fans these days. Everyone is glad the series was started this season.

God Bless you all.
    This breaks my heart. These young men and the entire USM family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry this happened. I'll be thinking of you all this Saturday and pullling for USM against Houston. God bless the Golden Eagles! God bless you too, Spread.

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

A suspect has been named. Travis Brown from Prentiss, MS. Two people have been arrested for accessory after the fact. Great work by law enforcement. Here is a column from the Jackson paper that is sobering to read...

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...thlete-s-spine

+ Reply to Thread