+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cars

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Cars

I've seen this before, it's called a skateboard drive or something similiar; don't know about hydrogen being the fuel of the future though, very energy intensive to produce hydrogen. Plus, very dangerous; Imagine a tanker truck full of gasoline crashes, spill and possibly fire if ignition source is near but can be contained and put out w/ water etc. Tanker with compressed/liquid hydrogen crash? Nothing left but big crater... not to mention the hydrogen gas tank on the car imagine a fender bender turns into explosions/fire due to the H2 tank springing a leak.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I havent' seen this video but the hy wire is fairly old. I think the first car in this series was the Autonomy, then the Hywire then the Sequel.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I've seen this before, it's called a skateboard drive or something similiar;.
    Did you see this on one of the HD channels? I think I saw the same program. They talked about how you could easily rearrange the seating, change the exterior, etc. All the powertrain components and electronics were stored in the base.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Why do all these alternative energy based vechicles have to look so fugly?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I've never understood it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    To match the personality of the people that want to buy them.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Did you see this on one of the HD channels? I think I saw the same program. They talked about how you could easily rearrange the seating, change the exterior, etc. All the powertrain components and electronics were stored in the base.

Yeah, I think it was Science or something else nerdy that we engineers watch. GM's had the idea for about 8 years but since no dominant alt-energy has really emerged and it won't really work with a gas engine the design is just sitting around waiting.

http://media.www.eraunews.com/media/...-1651909.shtml

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    "Top Gear." It's a pretty good show, actually.

Here's an interesting concept vehicle: the BMW GINA. Not necessarily good, but interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TechME View Post
    "Top Gear." It's a pretty good show, actually.

Here's an interesting concept vehicle: the BMW GINA. Not necessarily good, but interesting.
    I like Top Gear, but the episode I saw was on a different channel and it was a different program. It didn't focus on a single car but just talked about modern concepts in car design.

Saw the BMW concept in a Road & Track magazine about 6 months ago. It is pretty cool.

Some of my favorite Top Gear episodes:

Lotus Exige vs. Apache Helicopter Missile-Lock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCC7LrHu7cw

Ariel Atom (Face destruction): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Top Gear (the British version) is hands-down the best show on television. The three guys have a chemistry that you don't see often.

Some of the better Clarkson quotes:

“I’m sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch.”

“… the last time someone was as wrong as you, was when a politician stepped off an aeroplane in 1939 waving a piece of paper in the air saying there will be no war with Germany ”

Illustrating the lack of power of a Boxster: “It couldn’t pull a greased
    stick out of a pig’s bottom”

On the Vauxhall Vectra VXR: “there is a word to describe this car: it begins with ‘s’ and ends with ‘t’ and it isn’t soot

“The Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite”

“The air conditioning in a Lambos used to be an asthmatic sitting in the dashboard blowing at you through a straw.”

“Koenigsegg are saying that the CCX is more comfortable. More comfortable than what… BEING STABBED?”

“This is the Renault Espace, probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that’s much to shout about. That’s like saying ‘Ooh good I’ve got syphilis, the BEST of the sexually transmitted diseases.’”

“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?”

Clarkson’s highway code on cyclists: “Trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not be an obstruction. Run them down to prove them wrong.”

“Britain’s nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe…probably because they don’t have wheel-chair access.”

On Mandela’s claim that Cuba is a good advert for democracy: “Well Mr Mandela why don’t you go and ask one of the 12 year old Cuban prostitutes which way her parents voted?”

“Now we get quite a lot of complaints that we don’t feature enough affordable cars on the show……so we’ll kick off tonight with the cheapest Ferrari of them all!”

On the Lotus Elise: “This car is more fun than the entire French air force crashing into a firework factory.”

“Sure it’s quiet, for a diesel. But that’s like being well-behaved… for a murderer.”

“I don’t often agree with the RSPCA as I believe it is an animal’s duty to be on my plate at supper time.”

“There are footballers wives that would be happy with this quality of stitching… on their face.”

“Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps.”

“You cannot have this car with a diesel. Its like saying, I won’t go to Stringfellows tonight, I’ll get my mum to give me a lapdance, she’s a woman!”

On the Porsche Cayenne: “Honestly, I have seen more attractive gangrenous wounds than this. It has the sex appeal of a camel with gingivitis.”

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I remember seeing this as a non-functional concept car/system at the Houston auto show back in 2000/2001. Cool to see they finally figured it out to build a functional concept.

+ Reply to Thread