+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles now on iTunes.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: The Beatles now on iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Beach Boys > Beatles

and it aint close
    Kids today . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Beach Boys > Beatles

and it aint close
    I gotta call bullshit on that one bro.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Beach Boys > Beatles

and it aint close
    What? This is the most insane post I have ever read on BBB, and that is saying a lot.

Anyway, downloaded Meet the Beatles the other day on my new Nano. You can beat the Beatles, they were revolutionary. Meet the Beatles is like a greatest hits album, every song is good, it is ridiculous.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I gotta call bullshit on that one bro.
    Nope. I'm totally serious.

Pet Sounds > any Beatles album.

Its science.

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Its science.

To each his own!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Beach Boys > Beatles

and it aint close

Its science.

One album does not make that artist better than what a large majority of music fans consider one of the greatest bands ever. Yes, it is an excellent album but since you present your facts, here are how Pet Sounds compare to the Beatles (from your link!)

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_500...ms_of_All_Time

#1 Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
    #2 Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
    #3 Revolver - The Beatles
    #5 Rubber Soul - The Beatles
    #10 The Beatles (White Album) - The Beatles

(Top 10 only)

Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...atles-19691231

#1 Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
    #5 Rubber Soul - The Beatles

(Top 10 Only)

New Music Express: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=1

#3 Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
    #5 Revolver - The Beatles

(Top 10 Only)

Music of the Millenium: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/50266.stm

#1 Sgt Pepper's Loneyl Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
    #26 Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

(Top 26 Only)

Q Readers Best Album Ever (2006): http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/qlistspage2.html

#4 Revolver - The Beatles
    #14 Abbey Road - The Beatles
    #17 The Beatles (White Album) - The Beatles
    #18 Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
    #19 Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

(Top 20 Only)

VH1 Greatest Albums Ever: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=2

#1 Revolver - The Beatles
    #3 Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
    #6 Rubber Soul - The Beatles
    #8 Abbey Road - The Beatles
    #10 Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

(Top 10 Only)

National Recording Registry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...rding_Registry

2004 Entry - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band - The Beatles
    2005 Entry - Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

(By year of inclusion)

The 50 Albums that Built Progressive Rock: http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?p=1992994

#3 Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

(Top 10 Only)

I could go on and on listing rankings but what is listed above is referenced in your link.

I don't know how you can argue that The Beach Boys are "better" than the Beatles "and it aint close" based on the rankings listed above. Yes, we all have our likes and dislikes in music but based on rankings, The Beatles >>> The Beach Boys!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

my tastes in music, my rules

hey Korn beats both according to Doc

my tastes in music, my rules

hey Korn beats both according to Doc
    Absolutely.

Hey, I like Yanni. Big Whoop, wanna fight about it?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I can't pick a favorite Beatles album. There are too many songs on all the albums that are simply great songs. Besides, I don't listen to them in albums anymore. MP3 player mixes them with the largest number of songs from the Beatles. By the way, the Beatles did have more to sing about than surfing and racing cars and did it with a lot more versatility in their sounds and melodies.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Lil Weezy > Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Lil Weezy > Beatles
    Eminem > Lil' Wayne

Not even close.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Lil Weezy > Beatles
    Who???

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Who???
    lol. Cannot even compare the two. Lil' Wayne, aka "Lil' Weezy" is a Hip-Hop artist.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Who???
    Haha it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Eminem > Lil' Wayne

Not even close.
    Going to have to disagree with you, but I am a huge Eminem fan.

+ Reply to Thread