+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Beatles now on iTunes.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Beatles now on iTunes.

I won't deny that the Beatles were revolutionary but I think they are overrated. Their earlier music is better in my opinion.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I won't deny that the Beatles were revolutionary but I think they are overrated. Their earlier music is better in my opinion.
    I said the same thing at work, and one guy asked if it was possible to be revolutionary and overrated. I had never really thought about it. It is kind of like saying Babe Ruth is overrated or Michael Jordan. Think amongst yourselves.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I said the same thing at work, and one guy asked if it was possible to be revolutionary and overrated. I had never really thought about it. It is kind of like saying Babe Ruth is overrated or Michael Jordan. Think amongst yourselves.

Overrated is an overrated description.

It's possible to be revolutionary and overrated simply because "overrated" is such a nebulous word. It isn't like we're talking about something that is (or even can be) actually "rated" for the most part.

I can't defend the Beatles from being called overrated because it's entirely possible that some people rate them higher than they deserve (in whatever context you want to use). But I could just as easily say that they are underrated because there are still plenty of people out there who have no idea of what they meant to popular music.

In context, people generally mean something like "I think that many people (that I come in contact with) think more highly of X than I do." But not always.

So to answer your question in the way a fellow Arkansan might "it depends on what you mean by overrated."

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

It's been one of my life endeavors to be overrated.

+ Reply to Thread