+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #2 Baylor at #1 UCONN

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: #2 Baylor at #1 UCONN

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Kiwi...we should be basketball coaches sense great minds think a like...

techman05 - I think KM and Baylor coaches need to find good ways to work Griner on the paint. They like to set a screen for her a lot on the block to roll of and for her to post on the left corner since she is right handed...but i think she will become more versatile if she can go over her left shoulder too.

As far as Lady Techsters vs Baylor in the future, I think that was a one-time deal because of the connection between the coaches.

You are probably right. Which means that yet again we got screwed on something else. We should have gotten a return game or a neutral site game.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Do we have a return game slated for any time for the game last year at Baylor? This is probably old news, but if we talked it, I forgot.
    Kim sent over a contract for a home-and-home... but our admin sat on it... Baylor ended up getting Notre Dame to sign a deal, which took the series with Tech off the table...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Kim sent over a contract for a home-and-home... but our admin sat on it... Baylor ended up getting Notre Dame to sign a deal, which took the game against Tech off the table...

So we jammed a pole up our own *** and took a spin on it huh. I guess when we have been told to go screw ourselves, we keep taking things way to literally.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So we jammed a pole up our own *** and took a spin on it huh. I guess when we have been told to go screw ourselves, we keep taking things way to literally.
    Getting a little testy on the reservation? Welcome to my world!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    Agree, awful mismanagement in final seconds. I agree with not fouling but you have to be aggressive and go for the steal. If you end up fouling, no big deal. And using the final timeout was obviously a blunder.
    But the officials should have gone to the monitor at the end. The shot clock hit zero on the ConnU shot just before Baylor controlled the rebound, so the play should have been blown dead for the shot clock violation on the high side of 5 full seconds left.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Kim sent over a contract for a home-and-home... but our admin sat on it... Baylor ended up getting Notre Dame to sign a deal, which took the series with Tech off the table...
    I didn't know that...well we should have gotten a home-and-home deal.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    But the officials should have gone to the monitor at the end. The shot clock hit zero on the ConnU shot just before Baylor controlled the rebound, so the play should have been blown dead for the shot clock violation on the high side of 5 full seconds left.
    Very true. Those were some of the best officials in WBB and I'm sure they saw that the ball did not touch any part of the rim. It was all air for sure.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Kim sent over a contract for a home-and-home... but our admin sat on it... ..
    Nah, they stuck it in the same hole with her 5-year contract.

(BTW, I did not intend for that to read, like I know many of you are now reading it .)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

So Spoon didn't sign the deal?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    So Spoon didn't sign the deal?
    I don't know who was supposed to sign the deal... Nobody came out and said who dropped the ball, but I assume it's the AD's job to sign the contracts, not the coaches... All I know is from the vague posts about it on this forum, and that's what I gathered...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Here we go again.....another "Tech dropped the ball where pigtails is concerned" urban legend.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The game contract got lost in the mail with Leon's LTAC donation.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

All I care about is Spoon and our coaching staff right now! We are getting it done!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I don't know who was supposed to sign the deal... Nobody came out and said who dropped the ball, but I assume it's the AD's job to sign the contracts, not the coaches... All I "know" is from the vague posts about it on this forum, and that's what I gathered...

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Then what exactly happened?

+ Reply to Thread