+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Conference for Tech

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Wink New Conference for Tech

I'm tired of waiting! With the news that Hawaii is leaving the WAC, I believe it is time to put up or shut up. Here's the plan.

Tech withdraws from the WAC and forms its own conference. This conference will offer Tech more than CUSA, the Sunbelt, and most other conferences in the nation.
    The beauty of this new conference is that Tech would be the ONLY member.

Since Tech is forming the conference they could name it whatever they wanted. They could come up with a great name like The Terry Bradshaw Free World Intercontinental Collegiate Conference of American Football for example.

Because Tech is the only member of the new conference, it should be in contention for the league championship most years. If the new conference could get a bowl tie-in (Independence Bowl, are you listening?) we could tell our recruits we are a shoo-in for a bowl trip almost every year. Even better than that; we would only have to split the bowl payout with one conference member.

A big plus of this new conference is reduced costs. Money saved could go towards hiring a coach like Nick Saban, or John Madden, or that guy at Duke with too many consonants in his last name. The Joe could be enlarged to 75000 or 80000, we could buy the big video screen from Jerry Jones, or any number of other improvements that we can't now afford.

How would we reduce costs? The biggest savings would be in travel expenses. No longer would we have to go to conference games in other time zones. No more expensive air fare, no more outrageous hotel costs, no travel wardrobe costs, no more budget busting restaurant meals.

If we were the only conference member we should have an in in the conference office. We would be the first to know if there were any talk about league expansion. We would also know almost instantly if any league members were talking about jumping to another conference.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm sure that there are lots of other advantages to such a move that I haven't thought of, but remember it is time to act.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Conference for Tech

There are way too many negatives to forming a new conference with the current NCAA restrictions. Waste of time to discuss it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If we started said conference, we would never have to worry with conference officials who favored other conference members over us, i.e. BSU.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    I'm tired of waiting! With the news that Hawaii is leaving the WAC, I believe it is time to put up or shut up. Here's the plan.

Tech withdraws from the WAC and forms its own conference. This conference will offer Tech more than CUSA, the Sunbelt, and most other conferences in the nation.
    The beauty of this new conference is that Tech would be the ONLY member.

Since Tech is forming the conference they could name it whatever they wanted. They could come up with a great name like The Terry Bradshaw Free World Intercontinental Collegiate Conference of American Football for example.

Because Tech is the only member of the new conference, it should be in contention for the league championship most years. If the new conference could get a bowl tie-in (Independence Bowl, are you listening?) we could tell our recruits we are a shoo-in for a bowl trip almost every year. Even better than that; we would only have to split the bowl payout with one conference member.

A big plus of this new conference is reduced costs. Money saved could go towards hiring a coach like Nick Saban, or John Madden, or that guy at Duke with too many consonants in his last name. The Joe could be enlarged to 75000 or 80000, we could buy the big video screen from Jerry Jones, or any number of other improvements that we can't now afford.

How would we reduce costs? The biggest savings would be in travel expenses. No longer would we have to go to conference games in other time zones. No more expensive air fare, no more outrageous hotel costs, no travel wardrobe costs, no more budget busting restaurant meals.

If we were the only conference member we should have an in in the conference office. We would be the first to know if there were any talk about league expansion. We would also know almost instantly if any league members were talking about jumping to another conference.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm sure that there are lots of other advantages to such a move that I haven't thought of, but remember it is time to act.
    That is the funniest post you have ever made. I might even have to give you a little green for it....

+ Reply to Thread