+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the newest WAC addition will be...

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

And the newest WAC addition will be...

Stephen F. Austin. A friend of mine called me today and told me that SFA has been contacted by WAC offices about membership. SFA is debating the cost of moving up or staying put in the Southland.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: And the newest WAC addition will be...

Funny you mention this... a friend of mine called me today and said the newest addition to lilfido would be Richard Simmons.
    Last edited by mildawg; 11-22-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

State University of New York at Niagra Falls - Erie Campus. Bank on it.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Funny you mention this... a friend of mine called me today and said the newest edition to lilfido would be Richard Simmons.
    Nah, RS has been there many times before....

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

I think Stony Brook is a shoe-in, plus they have a fairly good wrestling team I believe

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Guys.......I did not make that post as a joke. The WAC office really has been in contact with Stephen F. Austin. I'm sure SFA will put out some type of statement early next week.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogDawg View Post
    Nah, RS has been there many times before....
    You got me there.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    Guys.......I did not make that post as a joke. The WAC office really has been in contact with Stephen F. Austin. I'm sure SFA will put out some type of statement early next week.
    Kind of weird that they would contact SFA rather than Sam Houston State. The latter is larger and has a tighter connection to a major market. Or maybe they've contacted both. Lamar has expressed active interest in going straight to FBS.

These are not attractive options, *however* if you bring alone all three (or two of them plus UTA just for kicks) you settle the BB tourney problem. You have five SLC teams that have been playing together for a while.

This is a pretty depressing line of thought.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

I'm sure they're scrambling now, making calls to lots of potential schools. Doubt anything is set in stone.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

Why not just absorb the SLC and presto...the WAC is filled up again!

No wonder the WAC is known as the We Are Crappy conference....

It could be renamed the SLAC. At this point they might as well merge. Where's our escape button?

Puppy goodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nicegoodsn4 is just really nice

Sam Houston just completed their feasibility study and it concluded that they should stay in FCS. They do not have the money to make the facility upgrades and increase their athletic budgets to the levels needed for an FBS move.

SFA and Lamar could both be contacted about making a move though.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by goodsn4 View Post
    Sam Houston just completed their feasibility study and it concluded that they should stay in FCS. They do not have the money to make the facility upgrades and increase their athletic budgets to the levels needed for an FBS move.

SFA and Lamar could both be contacted about making a move though.
    I knew they were conducting a study, but didn't know the results were in. What's true of SHSU is almost certainly true of SFA and Lamar (if it made sense for any of the three, I would have guessed Sam). Lamar may not care, though.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I really doubt it.
    SFA isn't even remotely ready to make that leap.....and they have a long, long, long rivalry with Northwestern State who shares the Southland Conference with them.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

makes sense for the wac, though. plus, if usu winds up in mwc, you've got a fairly tight geographic footprint with the exception of san jose and idaho. :bigcry:

+ Reply to Thread