+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this a blue moon ...

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Is this a blue moon ...

or not?

I always thought a blue moon was the second full moon of the month. Now I'm hearing it is the fourth full moon in a quarter. All I learn goes out the window. The next thing they are going to tell me is that Pluto is not a planet.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Re: Is this a blue moon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    or not?

I always thought a blue moon was the second full moon of the month. Now I'm hearing it is the fourth full moon in a quarter. All I learn goes out the window. The next thing they are going to tell me is that Pluto is not a planet.
    Does it look anything like this?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wish some of my favorite sports' teams were successful "every blue moon." Would represent an improvement.

True blue moons occur 7 times every 19 years.

So, ya know:

winning the NFC and going to a Super Bowl...
    Winning the conference and going to a bowl
    being ranked in the Top 25 (in multiple sports)
    making the NCAA playoffs (in multiple sports)
    etc...

Ya see, 7/19 years would be awesome!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Wish some of my favorite sports' teams were successful "every blue moon." Would represent an improvement.

True blue moons occur 7 times every 19 years.

So, ya know:

winning the NFC and going to a Super Bowl...
    Winning the conference and going to a bowl
    being ranked in the Top 25 (in multiple sports)
    making the NCAA playoffs (in multiple sports)
    etc...

Ya see, 7/19 years would be awesome!
    In order to have 13 full moons in a year, then the math would be that there will be a month in the year with two full moons. Since it wasn't November, but this was the fourth full moon of the quarter, then what month had the two full moons this year? I'm not even sure how they divide the quarters. If it is by seasons, then the two full moons could have been last year or will be next year, I suppose. I would assume that for that month, people would call the second full moon a blue moon.

Obama needs to make a decree on this to clarify what a blue moon is: Is it the month there are two full moons or is it the fourth full moon of a quarter, and if so, is the quarter by the calendar or by the season.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

That would be a blue moon czar!

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

When I am in Ruston the moon always looks blue ....

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread