+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruston History

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Ruston History

Quote Originally Posted by latech80 View Post
    Speaking of Ruston History, how long has Griff's been in Ruston? I know it has to be at least 30 years old, but I'm sure it's been there a lot longer than that!
    Opened in Ruston while I was there -- say 1966 or 1967? The oldest franchises I remember were KFC and A&W.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I can remember Griff's in the early 70s but I don't know exactly when it was opened.

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Heading west from Griff's, there was a fried chicken place on the same side of the road that used to get a lot of my money during the late 70's. It was just before you got to the Methodist Church on the right. Any ideas what the name of it was?

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Heading west from Griff's, there was a fried chicken place on the same side of the road that used to get a lot of my money during the late 70's. It was just before you got to the Methodist Church on the right. Any ideas what the name of it was?
    Papa's or Frankie's was on the north side next to fire station.

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Does anybody remember Pioneer Pizza or Munchie's? Munchie's was just across the road from Griff's (I think), and Pioneer Pizza was east of both.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody remember Pioneer Pizza or Munchie's? Munchie's was just across the road from Griff's (I think), and Pioneer Pizza was east of both.
    I remember Pioneer Pizza. I, also, remember BBQ Hitch - loved that place. Remember the bar that was converted from a church - can't remember the name, but the building is still there. There was, also, a BBQ place in the old depot right across the tracks from where Stows is now.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

[quote=champion110;1029509]I remember Pioneer Pizza. I, also, remember BBQ Hitch - loved that place. Remember the bar that was converted from a church Fargo's. then Zack's then Mother's- can't remember the name, but the building is still there. There was, also, a BBQ place in the old depot right across the tracks from where Stows is now.It was called the Tin House or something like that, but was not across from Stow's, was in an old warehouse across the tracks from Ponchatula's. Saw some of the biggest rats I have ever seen in there, never ate there again (May be the reason they closed)[/quote]
    Lots of memories of these.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=SkeeterDawg;1029598]
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I remember Pioneer Pizza. I, also, remember BBQ Hitch - loved that place. Remember the bar that was converted from a church Fargo's. then Zack's then Mother's- can't remember the name, but the building is still there. There was, also, a BBQ place in the old depot right across the tracks from where Stows is now.It was called the Tin House or something like that, but was not across from Stow's, was in an old warehouse across the tracks from Ponchatula's. Saw some of the biggest rats I have ever seen in there, never ate there again (May be the reason they closed)[/quote]
    Lots of memories of these.
    Thanks Skeeter! It was Fargo's in the early 80's. Had some fun there on a few nights. Yeah, that BBQ place was decent on food, but was pretty raunchy. I stopped going there, as well. I think they were shut down, honestly. Dowlings always had the best, anyway. :icon_wink:

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Cushinos was my favorite place. Good to see ya cuz.

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

i still fondly remember Cowboy's BBQ in the late 90's early 2000's. i think it is now HotRods ... never was the same.

+ Reply to Thread